Toshiba has completed its acquisition of OCZ Storage Solutions, a failed Silicon Valley maker of solid-state drives, the company said Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices has reported a profit for the fourth quarter, thanks largely to the sale of its chips in the latest game consoles from Microsoft and Sony.
Windows 8.1 and Office Home on an 8-inch touchscreen tablet for under $300
After a couple of years, most laptops fall seriously behind the times. Here are several ways to upgrade your legacy laptop to meet today's standards.
Remember the 1990s? Here are 14 blasts from the past.
Intel expects that its workforce will decline by 5 per cent as it heads into a year in which revenue is likely to be flat.
Intel has an ambitious goal for 2014: get its Atom chips into 40 million tablets, or four times the number of tablets that had Intel inside in 2013. But rather than do it by tailoring its products to what tablets now demand, the cash-rich company has...
Intel reported a 6 percent rise in profit on Thursday and said there are signs the PC market is stabilizing.
Chip makers like Qualcomm, Nvidia and Samsung Electronics are working on components that will increase processing power, add more memory and increase screen resolution of next-generation smartphones.
3D printing hit CES in a big way this year. Here are the standouts
Here’s what grabbed our attention at the sprawling CES 2014 gadget show in Las Vegas
Contract chip maker Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. said its net profit grew by close to 8 percent year-over-year in the fourth quarter.
A group of businesses and universities, led by North Carolina State University, will work together to design and manufacture next-generation, low-power semiconductors, U.S. President Barack Obama said Wednesday.
More than a mere blank slate, a new PC is a fresh opportunity—a collection of components that, with the right software installed, could accomplish anything from balancing your household budget to helping to cure cancer. Yes, stocking your PC is an i...
Intel has put on hold a new chip manufacturing facility at its site in Chandler, Arizona, leaving the new space available for unspecified future technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb LB130 review: An inexpensive color option
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- TPAndroid Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- CCDesktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior CISCO Network EngineerQLD
- CCWintel EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PermanentACT
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - TelcoTAS
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- FTTest LeadQLD
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCArcher ConsultantNSW
- CCSolutions Architect (Big Data Concepts / Fraud) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW