Toshiba has completed its acquisition of OCZ Storage Solutions, a failed Silicon Valley maker of solid-state drives, the company said Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices has reported a profit for the fourth quarter, thanks largely to the sale of its chips in the latest game consoles from Microsoft and Sony.
Windows 8.1 and Office Home on an 8-inch touchscreen tablet for under $300
After a couple of years, most laptops fall seriously behind the times. Here are several ways to upgrade your legacy laptop to meet today's standards.
Remember the 1990s? Here are 14 blasts from the past.
Intel expects that its workforce will decline by 5 per cent as it heads into a year in which revenue is likely to be flat.
Intel has an ambitious goal for 2014: get its Atom chips into 40 million tablets, or four times the number of tablets that had Intel inside in 2013. But rather than do it by tailoring its products to what tablets now demand, the cash-rich company has...
Intel reported a 6 percent rise in profit on Thursday and said there are signs the PC market is stabilizing.
Chip makers like Qualcomm, Nvidia and Samsung Electronics are working on components that will increase processing power, add more memory and increase screen resolution of next-generation smartphones.
3D printing hit CES in a big way this year. Here are the standouts
Here’s what grabbed our attention at the sprawling CES 2014 gadget show in Las Vegas
Contract chip maker Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. said its net profit grew by close to 8 percent year-over-year in the fourth quarter.
A group of businesses and universities, led by North Carolina State University, will work together to design and manufacture next-generation, low-power semiconductors, U.S. President Barack Obama said Wednesday.
More than a mere blank slate, a new PC is a fresh opportunity—a collection of components that, with the right software installed, could accomplish anything from balancing your household budget to helping to cure cancer. Yes, stocking your PC is an i...
Intel has put on hold a new chip manufacturing facility at its site in Chandler, Arizona, leaving the new space available for unspecified future technology.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- CCAzure/Sharepoint DeveloperNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantNSW
- FTIteration ManagerSA
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT