Oh, what a year to forget
Optical cables that connect peripherals to Thunderbolt 2 ports in Apple Macs are getting longer, but also more expensive.
Vendors showed many wearable devices at the International CES expo, but the next big thing may just come from an enthusiast's garage.
Prices of 4K monitors have fallen to under $US800, finally coming within the reach of users who didn't want to spend thousands on displays.
Intel will add support for DDR4 memory to its high-end computers in the third quarter, sources familiar with the company's plans said.
Toshiba has entered the Chromebook market with a 13.3in device that uses a latest-generation Intel Celeron processor and 2GB of RAM. The company claims that its Chromebook weighs 1.5kg, and has a maximum thickness of just over 20mm. It was announced ...
Advanced Micro Devices is looking to move away from providing CPU-only chips for gaming machines, instead switching over to accelerated processing units (APUs) that integrate CPUs with graphics cores.
AMD said Monday that the two new members of its A-series "Kaveri" chips are now available for preorder, and launching January 14 in the US. But the biggest update to its new hybrid CPUs with integrated graphics may be one of terminology.
Intel's CEO, battling to keep the company relevant as computing moves beyond the PC, introduced a new line of wearable computers Monday night, including a connected smartwatch and a pair of earbuds with a built-in heart monitor.
GlobalFoundries, a contract chip manufacturer that works closely with semiconductor companies, appointed former Motorola Mobility CEO Sanjay Jha as its chief executive Monday.
Intel is developing a smart wrist device and showing a host of prototype wearable devices at this week's International CES trade show with the hope to find the next big hit.
Intel hopes a new mini-computer the size of an SD card will drive growth for it in the wearables market.
Qualcomm's CEO said his company has the capabilities to build ARM server chips but was careful not to disclose any product plans at the International CES in Las Vegas.
Intel wants to bridge the gap between the virtual and real worlds with the help of 3D webcams, which the company hopes will replace the mundane 2D cameras in laptops and tablets by the second half of this year.
A lot of cars already resemble mobile entertainment systems, with TV screens and video games to keep everyone except -- hopefully -- the driver occupied. But they'll get even smarter (and probably more chaotic) if this year's International CES is any...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT