Intel is offering contract manufacturing to any company that wants advanced silicon.
Tablets with 64-bit versions of the Android OS and Intel Atom chips code-named Bay Trail will become available next year, Intel said on Thursday.
Cool Yule Tools 2013: Our Tester Elf-approved picks for awesome gadgety goodness
Mobile device chips coming next year from Qualcomm will be able to use wide spectrum bands that carriers are beginning to patch together with new technology, but its lofty performance claims need to be taken with a grain of salt.
Qualcomm wants to make tablets and smartphones more perceptive by giving the devices a "silicon brain," company CEO Paul Jacobs said Wednesday.
Micron is challenging conventional computer architectures conceived decades ago with Automata, a highly parallel processor that can change its behavior to process the task at hand.
Qualcomm has introduced a mobile chip that will play back 4K video on smartphones and tablets in addition to supporting the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
Whether or not you think eight-core smartphone chips are a marketing gimmick, Taiwan's MediaTek could help make them a norm in the Chinese market, putting pressure on Qualcomm's own business in the country.
Here are our picks for the coolest ones for your list
In the rush to exascale computing, Intel is making a small change that could have a big impact on system design with its upcoming Xeon Phi chip.
Nvidia wants to help create some of the world's fastest computers with its latest Tesla K40 graphics chip, which is its fastest supercomputing co-processor to date.
IBM achieved a computing breakthrough when the Watson supercomputer outperformed humans in game show "Jeopardy," but the company now wants to supercharge its high-end Power servers by tapping into graphics processors for the first time.
Nvidia has made improvements to its underlying software tools to make it easier to write programs for faster execution across CPUs and graphics processors.
Advanced Micro Devices will release a new tablet chip code-named Mullins that draws about half as much power as its predecessor, the Temash chip, as the company struggles to compete with Intel.
Oracle has joined the industry consortium HSA Foundation, which is developing standards to make it easier for programmers to take advantage of GPUs and other processor types for faster code execution.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTPMO AnalystNSW