A network researcher at the U.S. Department of Energy's Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory has found a potential new use for graphics processing units -- capturing data about network traffic in real time.
Intel is offering contract manufacturing to any company that wants advanced silicon.
Tablets with 64-bit versions of the Android OS and Intel Atom chips code-named Bay Trail will become available next year, Intel said on Thursday.
Cool Yule Tools 2013: Our Tester Elf-approved picks for awesome gadgety goodness
Mobile device chips coming next year from Qualcomm will be able to use wide spectrum bands that carriers are beginning to patch together with new technology, but its lofty performance claims need to be taken with a grain of salt.
Qualcomm wants to make tablets and smartphones more perceptive by giving the devices a "silicon brain," company CEO Paul Jacobs said Wednesday.
Micron is challenging conventional computer architectures conceived decades ago with Automata, a highly parallel processor that can change its behavior to process the task at hand.
Qualcomm has introduced a mobile chip that will play back 4K video on smartphones and tablets in addition to supporting the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
Whether or not you think eight-core smartphone chips are a marketing gimmick, Taiwan's MediaTek could help make them a norm in the Chinese market, putting pressure on Qualcomm's own business in the country.
Here are our picks for the coolest ones for your list
In the rush to exascale computing, Intel is making a small change that could have a big impact on system design with its upcoming Xeon Phi chip.
Nvidia wants to help create some of the world's fastest computers with its latest Tesla K40 graphics chip, which is its fastest supercomputing co-processor to date.
IBM achieved a computing breakthrough when the Watson supercomputer outperformed humans in game show "Jeopardy," but the company now wants to supercharge its high-end Power servers by tapping into graphics processors for the first time.
Nvidia has made improvements to its underlying software tools to make it easier to write programs for faster execution across CPUs and graphics processors.
Advanced Micro Devices will release a new tablet chip code-named Mullins that draws about half as much power as its predecessor, the Temash chip, as the company struggles to compete with Intel.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia