A network researcher at the U.S. Department of Energy's Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory has found a potential new use for graphics processing units -- capturing data about network traffic in real time.
Intel is offering contract manufacturing to any company that wants advanced silicon.
Tablets with 64-bit versions of the Android OS and Intel Atom chips code-named Bay Trail will become available next year, Intel said on Thursday.
Cool Yule Tools 2013: Our Tester Elf-approved picks for awesome gadgety goodness
Mobile device chips coming next year from Qualcomm will be able to use wide spectrum bands that carriers are beginning to patch together with new technology, but its lofty performance claims need to be taken with a grain of salt.
Qualcomm wants to make tablets and smartphones more perceptive by giving the devices a "silicon brain," company CEO Paul Jacobs said Wednesday.
Micron is challenging conventional computer architectures conceived decades ago with Automata, a highly parallel processor that can change its behavior to process the task at hand.
Qualcomm has introduced a mobile chip that will play back 4K video on smartphones and tablets in addition to supporting the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
Whether or not you think eight-core smartphone chips are a marketing gimmick, Taiwan's MediaTek could help make them a norm in the Chinese market, putting pressure on Qualcomm's own business in the country.
Here are our picks for the coolest ones for your list
In the rush to exascale computing, Intel is making a small change that could have a big impact on system design with its upcoming Xeon Phi chip.
Nvidia wants to help create some of the world's fastest computers with its latest Tesla K40 graphics chip, which is its fastest supercomputing co-processor to date.
IBM achieved a computing breakthrough when the Watson supercomputer outperformed humans in game show "Jeopardy," but the company now wants to supercharge its high-end Power servers by tapping into graphics processors for the first time.
Nvidia has made improvements to its underlying software tools to make it easier to write programs for faster execution across CPUs and graphics processors.
Advanced Micro Devices will release a new tablet chip code-named Mullins that draws about half as much power as its predecessor, the Temash chip, as the company struggles to compete with Intel.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCIT IT Project Management Support - data migration, SAP xECMNSW
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW