Aiming at budget laptops, Intel has started shipping new Pentium and Celeron processors based on the Haswell microarchitecture.
Qualcomm has backtracked from an earlier statement in which a company executive said Apple's A7 64-bit chip in the iPhone 5s is a marketing gimmick, and that the technical advance had limited benefits in mobile devices.
Intel, whose chips have long gone into PCs, servers and mobile devices, has begun chasing the market for the so-called "Internet of things" with new low-power chips and software for connected devices and data-gathering instruments.
Not to be outdone by Samsung, LG says it's ready to mass produce its first flexible OLED display panel for smartphones.
Chip makers like Broadcom and Renesas Electronics are ramping up in-car entertainment with faster processors and networks for wireless HD movies and navigation, aiming to keep drivers informed and passengers entertained.
The Chromebook can be a powerful workhorse -- here's how to replace your standard laptop for work
With its first computer based on the extremely low-power Quark processor, Intel is tapping into the 'maker' community to figure out ways the new chip could be best used.
Pity the glass on the front of your smartphone. It typically gets subjected to a lot of abuse through its life and sometimes even shatters if the forces are too much. But glass manufacturers are continually pushing the boundaries of what's possible w...
A Japanese start-up says it has finessed a technology that could finally make consumer-grade fuel cells a reality. If successful, the company, Aquafairy, would create a business where many much larger companies have failed.
Apple's 64-bit A7 processor in the iPhone 5s is more a marketing stunt than a technical enhancement and though it will not deliver any immediate benefits to smartphone users, there are other reasons to move to 64-bit, a Qualcomm executive said on Tue...
Head-mounted computers like Google Glass are a useful way to view content and interact with the world on the move, but one drawback is the lack of a physical interface on which the user can click, drag or navigate content.
It's hard to believe that not a single Windows 8 tablet has matched the screen resolution of Apple's iPad, but Sharp plans to change that with its Mebius Pad.
Sharp on Monday showed off its latest prototypes of a new type of display screen that it says brings several advantages over today's LCD (liquid crystal display) screens.
With new DDR4 memory, computers will be faster next year but users will likely pay a premium on the price of the technology.
Broadcom's latest line of wireless chipsets for cars can keep the kids quiet in the back seat, while allowing mom and dad to make calls in the front.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCWindows Automation EngineerVIC
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW