Massachusetts Institute of Technology researchers have developed a device that can see through walls and pinpoint a person with incredible accuracy. They call it the "Kinect of the future," after Microsoft's Xbox 360 motion sensing camera.
Aiming at budget laptops, Intel has started shipping new Pentium and Celeron processors based on the Haswell microarchitecture.
Qualcomm has backtracked from an earlier statement in which a company executive said Apple's A7 64-bit chip in the iPhone 5s is a marketing gimmick, and that the technical advance had limited benefits in mobile devices.
Intel, whose chips have long gone into PCs, servers and mobile devices, has begun chasing the market for the so-called "Internet of things" with new low-power chips and software for connected devices and data-gathering instruments.
Not to be outdone by Samsung, LG says it's ready to mass produce its first flexible OLED display panel for smartphones.
Chip makers like Broadcom and Renesas Electronics are ramping up in-car entertainment with faster processors and networks for wireless HD movies and navigation, aiming to keep drivers informed and passengers entertained.
The Chromebook can be a powerful workhorse -- here's how to replace your standard laptop for work
With its first computer based on the extremely low-power Quark processor, Intel is tapping into the 'maker' community to figure out ways the new chip could be best used.
Pity the glass on the front of your smartphone. It typically gets subjected to a lot of abuse through its life and sometimes even shatters if the forces are too much. But glass manufacturers are continually pushing the boundaries of what's possible w...
A Japanese start-up says it has finessed a technology that could finally make consumer-grade fuel cells a reality. If successful, the company, Aquafairy, would create a business where many much larger companies have failed.
Apple's 64-bit A7 processor in the iPhone 5s is more a marketing stunt than a technical enhancement and though it will not deliver any immediate benefits to smartphone users, there are other reasons to move to 64-bit, a Qualcomm executive said on Tue...
Head-mounted computers like Google Glass are a useful way to view content and interact with the world on the move, but one drawback is the lack of a physical interface on which the user can click, drag or navigate content.
It's hard to believe that not a single Windows 8 tablet has matched the screen resolution of Apple's iPad, but Sharp plans to change that with its Mebius Pad.
Sharp on Monday showed off its latest prototypes of a new type of display screen that it says brings several advantages over today's LCD (liquid crystal display) screens.
With new DDR4 memory, computers will be faster next year but users will likely pay a premium on the price of the technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- NBN ditches Optus HFC for FTTdp
- Oracle denied new trial in copyright dispute with Google over Java
- Helping businesses prepare for the workplace of the future, today
- Software as a Service solutions: The key to maintaining Australia’s competitiveness in higher education
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC