Amazon has rolled out new 7-inch and 8.9-inch tablets, boasting impressive new screens and software.
Microsoft’s 2nd generation products mean more responsive devices and more time unplugged.
Researchers at Stanford University have demonstrated the first functional computer built using only carbon nanotube transistors, according to an article published Wednesday on the cover of scientific journal Nature.
t’s been more than two years since the first Chromebooks went on sale. They certainly haven’t taken the world by storm and there have been varying opinions and doubts about the viability of this notebook platform that runs Chrome OS. But Chromebooks ...
IBM will invest US$1 billion to promote Linux development over the next five years as it tries to adapt Power mainframes and servers to handle cloud and big data applications in distributed computing environments.
A new set of chips promises to power everything from wearables to high-end PCs
Samsung has confirmed its next generation of smartphones, including the Galaxy S5 we assume, will use a 64-bit processor.
SK Hynix will increase DRAM production at its headquarters, the company said Friday, following a price spike in memory chips after a fire at a company factory in China.
In a new twist on strange brew, an Intel engineer has shown off a project using wine to power a microprocessor.
Buyers looking for a tablet with Intel's new Bay Trail Atom chip and a 64-bit version of Windows 8.1 will have to wait until early next year.
Intel and Google showed off the next generation of Chromebooks from Hewlett-Packard, Acer and Toshiba, which will be faster and more power-efficient than predecessors.
Dozens of tablets, some priced as low as US$99, are expected out by year's end running on new Intel Atom processors, which began shipping Wednesday.
IBM is working to develop microservers based on low-power processors but isn't sure yet when the systems will be introduced.
Apple fans have been craving some innovation for a while and the company seemed to deliver it Tuesday with the new A7 chip in the iPhone 5S, the first 64-bit processor to appear in a smartphone.
Intel hopes to pump more computing horsepower into servers with new Xeon chips based on the Ivy Bridge microarchitecture, which will also have the ability to dynamically adapt to cloud, database or supercomputing workloads.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
- Oracle is paying US$532 million to snatch up another cloud service provider
- Google buys Synergyse to teach customers how to use Apps
- Samsung and Nvidia make peace by ending their patent lawsuits
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD