With new DDR4 memory, computers will be faster next year but users will likely pay a premium on the price of the technology.
Broadcom's latest line of wireless chipsets for cars can keep the kids quiet in the back seat, while allowing mom and dad to make calls in the front.
Amazon has rolled out new 7-inch and 8.9-inch tablets, boasting impressive new screens and software.
Microsoft’s 2nd generation products mean more responsive devices and more time unplugged.
Researchers at Stanford University have demonstrated the first functional computer built using only carbon nanotube transistors, according to an article published Wednesday on the cover of scientific journal Nature.
t’s been more than two years since the first Chromebooks went on sale. They certainly haven’t taken the world by storm and there have been varying opinions and doubts about the viability of this notebook platform that runs Chrome OS. But Chromebooks ...
IBM will invest US$1 billion to promote Linux development over the next five years as it tries to adapt Power mainframes and servers to handle cloud and big data applications in distributed computing environments.
A new set of chips promises to power everything from wearables to high-end PCs
Samsung has confirmed its next generation of smartphones, including the Galaxy S5 we assume, will use a 64-bit processor.
SK Hynix will increase DRAM production at its headquarters, the company said Friday, following a price spike in memory chips after a fire at a company factory in China.
In a new twist on strange brew, an Intel engineer has shown off a project using wine to power a microprocessor.
Buyers looking for a tablet with Intel's new Bay Trail Atom chip and a 64-bit version of Windows 8.1 will have to wait until early next year.
Intel and Google showed off the next generation of Chromebooks from Hewlett-Packard, Acer and Toshiba, which will be faster and more power-efficient than predecessors.
Dozens of tablets, some priced as low as US$99, are expected out by year's end running on new Intel Atom processors, which began shipping Wednesday.
IBM is working to develop microservers based on low-power processors but isn't sure yet when the systems will be introduced.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- FTIOS Developer (Permanent) Finance CBDNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW