Nvidia is expecting Tegra chip revenue to drop by as much as 40 per cent this year, with the company indirectly blaming Microsoft's Windows RT OS for the decline.
Intel is developing a version of its energy-efficient "Bay Trail" Atom chip for embedded devices, which can include products like car computers, robots and set-top boxes.
These human-like robots could be the first responders to major disasters in the future
IBM will license designs of the Power microprocessor architecture to other companies including Google, in an effort to expand use of the architecture and reverse declines in its systems hardware business.
The latest beta of Canonical's Linux smartphone system shows the outlines of a possible winner
Samsung has started making flash storage chips that it claims will be twice as fast and up to 10 times more durable than the current flash storage used in mobile devices.
Startup Crossbar emerged from stealth mode Monday to announce its version of RRAM (resistive random-access memory), a new type of memory that could be a successor to flash storage and DRAM.
Tech stocks had an upbeat week as industry watchers appear to be looking at the positive side of earnings from Internet, consumer electronics and networking companies.
A Samsung eight-core chip used in some Galaxy S4 smartphone models is now available for hackers to play with on a developer board from South Korea-based Hardkernel.
Eight-core processors are "dumb," as the consumer wants an experience that comes from more than just throwing cores together, a Qualcomm executive said, referring to new eight-core chips announced recently.
The decades-old legacy of Motorola as a semiconductor innovator remains alive, with Google providing its Motorola Mobility unit a fresh start in chip design with the X8 chip system, which will be used in the upcoming Droid and Moto X smartphones.
Researchers in Silicon Valley have managed to observe electrical switching that is thousands of times faster than transistors used in today's computer chips. Their work could lead to a better understanding of how transistors work at the atomic level ...
In the ongoing quest for faster access to data, Diablo Technologies has taken what could be a significant next step.
Samsung Electronics said sales and profits soared in the second quarter from a year ago, but increasing competition in smartphones hurt performance in its core mobile division.
Smartphone and tablet chip vendor MediaTek has unveiled an octo-core processor it says can run all eight cores simultaneously when active.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTJava DeveloperNSW