Chip maker Qualcomm is introducing six new processors meant for entry-level phones in China and emerging markets.
Best Buy has recalled about 5,100 replacement batteries for Apple's MacBook Pro laptops, after 13 reports that the battery caught fire, a U.S. consumer safety agency said.
Demand for mainframe and high-performance Unix servers is falling, but a new wave of SPARC and IBM Power chips for the servers will be unwrapped at the Hot Chips conference in late August.
Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk has more than just one plan to make it possible for electric car motorists to drive across the country.
Nvidia is to start licensing its graphics cores more widely in a bid to cash in on the need for powerful graphics in smartphones, tablets and other devices.
Nvidia wants to accelerate mobile-device performance with underlying tools that enable CPUs and graphics processors to work in a coherent manner.
Advanced Micro Devices is building its future server strategy around chips used in smartphones and tablets. The company said its first ARM server processors - which will be released in the second half of next year - will be faster and more powerful t...
Much of Rambus' past is associated with lawsuits, but the company is moving forward with dispute settlements.
Many attempts have been made over the last 46 years to rewrite Amdahl's law, a theory that focuses on performance relative to parallel and serial computing. One scientist hopes to prove that Amdahl's law can be surpassed, and that it doesn't apply in...
Ailing Japanese TV maker Sharp says it will try to break into a host of new industries, from industrial cleaning robots to raising strawberries, to supplement its core LCD business.
Smartphone and tablet chips are now making their way into high-performance computers, providing an energy-efficient alternative to the power-hungry server chips used in the world's fastest supercomputers.
Panasonic and Fujifilm say they have developed a new image sensor using organic materials that is far more sensitive than anything currently on the market.
Rambus has signed a US$240 million patent licensing agreement with SK Hynix, ending a nearly 13-year patent dispute between the two companies over memory-chip technology.
Products from Acer and Asus got all the headlines at this year's Computex but there was much more at the show than you probably got to hear about. Here's a slideshow of some of the other sights in Taipei, both on and off the show floor, to give you a...
A top Intel executive said the power and performance battle with ARM is over, because Intel's upcoming chips based on its Silvermont architecture are ahead on key metrics required to deliver strong performance and battery life on smartphones and tabl...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW