LG Display has developed the world's thinnest full HD LCD display for smartphones, measuring just 2.2 millimeters thick.
From cool robots and unmanned aircraft to celebrity swatting and Moby Dick emoticons, it’s been an interesting high-tech year!
LG is using a new video to promote an event in New York City on Wednesday, 7 August, evidently to unveil its new Optimus G2 smartphone running a faster Snapdragon 800 processor.
Samsung Electronics predicted a big jump in profit for the second quarter compared to a year earlier, but the company's explosive growth is slowing amid signs its top end Galaxy smartphones are less popular than expected.
Although Microsoft took a pass on 1080p display support in Windows Phone 8, that support is looking more likely for later this year.
Intel's CTO and director of its labs Justin Rattner is stepping down to meet a requirement under the company's bylaws that employees cannot serve as corporate officers after the age of 65.
Japan's Sharp said Thursday it will team with a large Chinese manufacturer to build a factory in Nanjing and mass-produce LCD screens for TVs, computers and tablets.
Intel has shown a wireless technology it's cooking up in its labs that's supposed to make displays of all kinds more flexible and useful.
Japan's Sharp said Monday that it has received a second US$60 million investment from Qualcomm, as the two companies work together to mass produce low-power, high-performance displays for mobile devices.
The clumsily named Vizio 11.6" Windows 8 Tablet PC is now available for $600 but, if you're seriously considering a Windows 8 tablet right now, the best thing to do may be to wait.
Intel is now looking to the Android operating system as it breaks away from years of optimizing its top line of Core PC processors, including the recently launched Haswell processors, chiefly for Windows.
A U.S. researcher at IBM who invented the basic building block of the modern DRAM has been honored with a prestigious Japanese award and a US$500,000 prize.
Nvidia, which is betting its future in gaming on the Android OS, has dropped the price of its Shield portable gaming console to US$299. The handheld device will start shipping on June 27.
The successor to LG's Optimus G smartphone, due sometime in the third quarter, will run a faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, the companies said.
Chip maker Qualcomm is introducing six new processors meant for entry-level phones in China and emerging markets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW