Best Buy has recalled about 5,100 replacement batteries for Apple's MacBook Pro laptops, after 13 reports that the battery caught fire, a U.S. consumer safety agency said.
Demand for mainframe and high-performance Unix servers is falling, but a new wave of SPARC and IBM Power chips for the servers will be unwrapped at the Hot Chips conference in late August.
Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk has more than just one plan to make it possible for electric car motorists to drive across the country.
Nvidia is to start licensing its graphics cores more widely in a bid to cash in on the need for powerful graphics in smartphones, tablets and other devices.
Nvidia wants to accelerate mobile-device performance with underlying tools that enable CPUs and graphics processors to work in a coherent manner.
Advanced Micro Devices is building its future server strategy around chips used in smartphones and tablets. The company said its first ARM server processors - which will be released in the second half of next year - will be faster and more powerful t...
Much of Rambus' past is associated with lawsuits, but the company is moving forward with dispute settlements.
Many attempts have been made over the last 46 years to rewrite Amdahl's law, a theory that focuses on performance relative to parallel and serial computing. One scientist hopes to prove that Amdahl's law can be surpassed, and that it doesn't apply in...
Ailing Japanese TV maker Sharp says it will try to break into a host of new industries, from industrial cleaning robots to raising strawberries, to supplement its core LCD business.
Smartphone and tablet chips are now making their way into high-performance computers, providing an energy-efficient alternative to the power-hungry server chips used in the world's fastest supercomputers.
Panasonic and Fujifilm say they have developed a new image sensor using organic materials that is far more sensitive than anything currently on the market.
Rambus has signed a US$240 million patent licensing agreement with SK Hynix, ending a nearly 13-year patent dispute between the two companies over memory-chip technology.
Products from Acer and Asus got all the headlines at this year's Computex but there was much more at the show than you probably got to hear about. Here's a slideshow of some of the other sights in Taipei, both on and off the show floor, to give you a...
A top Intel executive said the power and performance battle with ARM is over, because Intel's upcoming chips based on its Silvermont architecture are ahead on key metrics required to deliver strong performance and battery life on smartphones and tabl...
Surging tablet sales and the muted response to Windows 8 have opened the door for Android at this year's Computex and exposed deeper cracks in the Wintel powerhouse of Windows software and Intel chips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC