After months of teasers, Intel kicked off shipments of fourth-generation Core processors code-named Haswell, with the first batch being quad-core chips for laptops and desktops.
Foxconn's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. has set up a new research center devoted to display and touch technologies in Japan that could end up hiring staff away from Sharp.
Intel's upcoming Atom tablet chip code-named Bay Trail will be repurposed for use in the company's Celeron and Pentium chips for entry-level laptops, desktops and all-in-ones, Intel said on Friday.
Want to find out what's next in smartphones, tablets and PCs? The latest trends in hardware will be on display at the giant Computex trade show, which kicks off in Taipei next week.
Taiwan's MediaTek has launched a new quad-core ARM processor for tablets that is slated to be used in an upcoming IdeaTab device from Lenovo.
Apple patent filings offer hints of what the iWatch might look like
Advanced Micro Devices had no plans to release low-power x86 server chips until the release of its ARM-based servers in 2014, but sagging server fortunes have changed the company's direction.
Looking at historical trends and performance benchmarks, a team of researchers in Spain have concluded that smartphone chips could one day replace the more expensive and power-hungry x86 processors used in most of the world's top supercomputers.
Intel's upcoming family of Core processors, code-named Haswell, will offer 50 percent more battery life in laptops than did their "Ivy Bridge" predecessors, Intel said on Thursday.
Intel's upcoming family of Core processors, code-named Haswell, will offer 50 per cent more battery life in laptops than did their Ivy Bridge predecessors, according to the company.
Thin clients introduced this week by Dell and Hewlett-Packard have faster processor than existing thin clients as well as high-definition graphics capabilities, so they could be alternatives to traditional PCs as computing continues moving to the clo...
Europe's Digital Agenda Commissioner on Thursday set out plans for the European Union to produce more micro- and nano-chips than the United States in the next seven years.
Advanced Micro Devices hopes to regain share in the PC processor market with its upcoming chips based on the Jaguar core, which will bring console-like gaming and wireless displays to laptops with Windows 8 and its successor, Windows Blue.
Advanced Micro Devices has opened the door to embrace Google's Android operating system, but said it would continue to focus on Windows with its upcoming tablet and laptop chips.
Improvements to Nvidia's virtualization technology are aimed at turning graphics processors into a more important resource in data centers and could speed deployment of virtual desktops and delivery of data over the cloud.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW