iOS's accessibility features are great, particularly on the iPad--as I've written elsewhere--but for disabled users, accessibility is more than just a niche set of options in the Settings app.
Japan's Sharp booked another huge loss on Tuesday, and unveiled its latest turnaround plan, which includes relying on partnerships with Samsung Electronics and Foxconn Technology Group for business, sacking top management, and expanding into new fiel...
Sun was founded Andy Bechtolsheim, Vinod Khosla, Scott McNealy and Bill Joy in 1982. Sun went public in 1986 and was raking in $1 billion in annual sales by 1988.
As Intel mulls a plan to expand its contract-manufacturing operations, the company has lost ground as the world's top semiconductor company to chip suppliers benefitting from the success of mobile devices, according to a study by IC Insights.
Sony will soon launch a flexible e-reader device that is less than 7mm thick and weighs 358 grams, targeted for use in university classrooms.
Flexible display screens are expected to become a common feature of consumer electronics in the next few years, and have recently been touted by several top-tier manufacturers.
What’s the best way to tell an expert PC user apart from a bumbling amateur? The expert doesn’t waste time.
The first mobile devices to use Nvidia's Tegra 4 chips will be announced this quarter, meaning smartphones and tablets based on the new processor should be available soon.
Samsung has built several different Galaxy S4 smartphones, including a U.S. version running a Snapdragon processor that requires an extra image processor to enable heavily promoted user functions such as eye-movement recognition.
A standards organisation has created a boot environment for tablets and PCs that could potentially run a 64-bit version of Windows RT.
Nvidia will stay on board with making Tegra ARM-based processors for Windows RT tablets despite sluggish early sales of the devices, making the same commitment that Qualcomm has made, an Nvidia executive said
Intel will advance Moore's Law for the foreseeable future, but keeping up with it is becoming more challenging as chip geometries shrink, according to a company executive.
Panasonic has developed a tiny, low-power chip for sensor networks and Internet-connected appliances, which it says is the first to support a broad range of frequency bands.
Intel's upcoming Atom chips with new CPU architecture will be up to three times faster and five times more power efficient than their predecessors and break the "myth" that ARM processors are more power efficient, Intel said.
Intel is clearly tired of Nvidia and AMD kicking sand in its face when it comes to graphics performance. The company has had a talented GPU engineering team for many years. With the fourth generation of Intel's Core CPU line -- codenamed Haswell -- t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW