Nvidia hopes to power sub-$200 smartphones and tablets under $300 with its latest Tegra 4i processor, which is also the company's first chip with an integrated LTE modem.
After a lull, the race to add more processor cores to chips continues. Tilera is developing a new chip that will have more than 100 processor cores as the company looks to outperform ARM and Intel processors in Web-specific tasks.
Best known as the chip provider for OLPC's computing products, Marvell is now seeking to expand its footprint in the mobile device market with a new low-power chip designed for low-cost smartphones and tablets.
In honor of Mosaic's 20th birthday, join us for an alphabetical appreciation of 12 of history's great windows on the Web.
Intel's aim is to lead the way in creating the first exaflop supercomputer, so it is making architectural improvements to its processors with the hope to reach that goal between 2018 and 2020.
Intel has scaled back plans for the next version of Itanium in a move that raises questions about the future of the 64-bit server chip, used primarily in Hewlett-Packard's high-end Integrity servers.
Intel later this year will start offering a TV set-top box and service as the company tries to cash in on the fast-growing TV and home entertainment business.
Toshiba has started shipping the first NAND flash chips to support Universal Flash Storage, a new standard that is 50 percent faster than current technology.
Sam Yu won't name the handset makers involved. But the executive at Taiwanese firm Polytron Technologies is confident that consumers this year will see the arrival of partially transparent glass smartphones.
Researchers have found a way to make colors more vivid on an e-reader screen, which could lead to the creation of advanced displays and spawn the development of color e-books.
IBM kills Lotus name, but software, key players, live on
The Macworld | iWorld Expo in San Francisco is an Apple lover's Disneyland. Ashton Kutcher kicked things off by plugging his movie iJobs, but the main attraction is the showroom floor where vendors display their wares, everything from iPad and iPhone...
Increased sales of electronics and new forms of computing devices will drive the worldwide semiconductor market to growth this year after a slowdown in 2012, the nonprofit organization World Semiconductor Trade Statistics said on Monday.
A look back at the most memorable tech-related happenings of 1988
A chemical leak at a Samsung Electronics plant in South Korea has resulted in the death of a contract worker, while four others have been discharged from a hospital after treatment, the company said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- South Dakota law will be a test case for a US Internet sales tax
- Quantum computers pose a huge threat to security, and the NIST wants your help
- EMC's latest VCE nodes aim to make clouds easy
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW