NVidia is taking video games into the cloud with a new rack server optimized for computer graphics.
Corning has developed a new version of its Gorilla Glass for smartphones and tablets that it says will result in 40 per cent fewer scratches and appear in devices later this year.
Toshiba is developing a tiny digital camera module similar to the Lytro camera, which shoots tens of thousands of individual photos and then allows the user to pick the point of focus.
Toshiba is preparing a 20-megapixel image sensor for digital cameras that it says will be the highest resolution of its kind.
Europe's top digital commissioner has called for an "Airbus for Chips" to boost the bloc's microelectronics sector.
From smartphone laser tag to a mind-controlled helicopter, these techie toys bring the fun
A brief look at what’s new in Mozilla’s latest browser.
Taiwan's MediaTek announced a new quad-core ARM chip made for mid- to high-end Android devices that the company hopes will keep it competitive as rival chip makers also come out with their own quad-core chipsets.
Broadcom thinks it can make NFC a common smartphone feature by offering it in a chip with other wireless technologies, even if making payments with the technology doesn't catch on for years.
Researchers in the U.S. have developed integrated circuits that can stick to the skin like a child's tattoo and in some cases dissolve in water when they're no longer needed.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
The mobile chipset market is in a state of flux with a number of key vendors struggling, but analysts say the result of the turmoil will be more advanced high-end smartphones and cheaper low-end devices.
Japanese chip giant Renesas is seeking a US$1.8 billion capital injection to invest in new manufacturing techniques. The world's largest microcontroller manufacturer, its products find their way into game consoles from Microsoft and Nintendo, and int...
Some of the features that set these PCs apart are speed, upgrade flexibility, and performance
Toshiba has developed a low-power, high-speed version of MRAM memory that it says can cut power consumption in mobile CPUs by two-thirds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC