The mobile chipset market is in a state of flux with a number of key vendors struggling, but analysts say the result of the turmoil will be more advanced high-end smartphones and cheaper low-end devices.
Japanese chip giant Renesas is seeking a US$1.8 billion capital injection to invest in new manufacturing techniques. The world's largest microcontroller manufacturer, its products find their way into game consoles from Microsoft and Nintendo, and int...
Some of the features that set these PCs apart are speed, upgrade flexibility, and performance
Toshiba has developed a low-power, high-speed version of MRAM memory that it says can cut power consumption in mobile CPUs by two-thirds.
IBM has demonstrated that it is commercially feasible to bake optical circuitry into silicon processors using existing fabrication techniques, which could set the stage for radically faster and lower-cost computer communications.
Even though sales of some mobile devices are booming, overall confidence in the tech sector continues to erode as economic weakness puts downward pressure on the computer market.
Advanced Micro Devices has cut orders to contract chip manufacturer GlobalFoundries, expecting a "choppy demand environment" in the next few quarters.
The tablet market is awash with iOS, Android and Windows 8 models that come in different sizes and with different features, specs and prices. How do you decide? Start with our Holiday 2012 Tablet Buying Guide, which highlights the top picks in 13 cat...
Qualcomm is preparing two new quad-core processors for the mainstream smartphone market, with support for several Chinese standards.
Hewlett-Packard has filed a complaint against display manufacturers Chunghwa Picture Tubes and Tatung Company of America, seeking to recover damages it claims it suffered as a result of their involvement in a price fixing scheme.
Qualcomm has agreed to invest up to US$120 million in struggling Japanese firm Sharp, with the two companies to work together to develop low-power displays for mobile devices.
To break its slump in the server market, Advanced Micro Devices is embarking on an aggressive strategy that calls for ARM and x86 chips by 2014 and continued improvements to its Opteron line in the meantime.
Marvell's upcoming 8864 chipset for the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard can achieve gigabit speeds thanks to multiple antennas for reception and transmission, but wireless routers and access points based on the component won't arrive until the middle of next...
Sony has developed new technology for using the small cameras in phones and tablets to check the health of users' skin.
A photo kiosk that can track user behavior using a Microsoft Kinect-like sensor and mine social data could help marketers gain valuable information about audiences at sporting events.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP’s Pro x2 convertible takes on the iPad with vertical accessories
- HP’s Elite x3 Windows phone gets a job with Mobile Retail and Mobile Scanning Solutions
- Before 5G, some mobile users may get almost-5G
- The new BlackBerry has a physical keyboard and will arrive in April
- Uber rejects claims it stole Waymo's self-driving car tech
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- TPIteration ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD