Some of the features that set these PCs apart are speed, upgrade flexibility, and performance
Toshiba has developed a low-power, high-speed version of MRAM memory that it says can cut power consumption in mobile CPUs by two-thirds.
IBM has demonstrated that it is commercially feasible to bake optical circuitry into silicon processors using existing fabrication techniques, which could set the stage for radically faster and lower-cost computer communications.
Even though sales of some mobile devices are booming, overall confidence in the tech sector continues to erode as economic weakness puts downward pressure on the computer market.
Advanced Micro Devices has cut orders to contract chip manufacturer GlobalFoundries, expecting a "choppy demand environment" in the next few quarters.
The tablet market is awash with iOS, Android and Windows 8 models that come in different sizes and with different features, specs and prices. How do you decide? Start with our Holiday 2012 Tablet Buying Guide, which highlights the top picks in 13 cat...
Qualcomm is preparing two new quad-core processors for the mainstream smartphone market, with support for several Chinese standards.
Hewlett-Packard has filed a complaint against display manufacturers Chunghwa Picture Tubes and Tatung Company of America, seeking to recover damages it claims it suffered as a result of their involvement in a price fixing scheme.
Qualcomm has agreed to invest up to US$120 million in struggling Japanese firm Sharp, with the two companies to work together to develop low-power displays for mobile devices.
To break its slump in the server market, Advanced Micro Devices is embarking on an aggressive strategy that calls for ARM and x86 chips by 2014 and continued improvements to its Opteron line in the meantime.
Marvell's upcoming 8864 chipset for the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard can achieve gigabit speeds thanks to multiple antennas for reception and transmission, but wireless routers and access points based on the component won't arrive until the middle of next...
Sony has developed new technology for using the small cameras in phones and tablets to check the health of users' skin.
A photo kiosk that can track user behavior using a Microsoft Kinect-like sensor and mine social data could help marketers gain valuable information about audiences at sporting events.
Sharp will start selling the industry's thinnest 4K monitor, a 32-inch LCD screen that is just 3.5mm thick, in February.
The promise of consumerisation is workers choosing their own tools to get the job done. Here are our favorites.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- CCInformation Management Project Manager (SAP BI)NSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA