The promise of consumerisation is workers choosing their own tools to get the job done. Here are our favorites.
New interface methods will revolutionise how we interact with computers
While others dream of sugarplums, here are a dozen gadgets that the true geek is hoping to see under the Christmas tree this year
We take a look at the latest version of Mozilla's browser
China will take the wraps off its latest 8-core Godson processor early next year to show its chip-making ability compared to Intel, Advanced Micro Devices and ARM.
Japan's Sharp, struggling with deep losses and searching for a financial savior, has cut short an early retirement program after being flooded with volunteers.
Google is so ubiquitous in our everyday digital lives that it's easy to overlook the many tools it offers that have a business slant.
The new, 11th version of Acrobat sports a number of new wrinkles
Three top executives promoted Monday at Intel are among the leading candidates under consideration to replace Paul Otellini as the company's CEO, according to sources familiar with the chip makers' plans.
China's largest search engine Baidu said on Monday the company would provide 30GB of free cloud storage to Android devices built with certain Qualcomm chips, in what's the latest move by the company to carve out a presence in the country's mobile ser...
Though U.S. political leaders managed to spark some good news for the economy Friday, technology stocks are down for the week, showing a continued lack of confidence in the sector.
Need a mouse for your Windows 8 laptop or a keyboard for your Windows RT tablet? These devices from Microsoft and Logitech are solid options from proven peripherals vendors.
Samsung on Thursday announced a new 64GB memory chip for smartphones and tablets, which it says is 20 percent smaller and a third faster than current technology.
Texas Instruments will lay off 1700 employees as it refocuses its efforts away from the wireless sector -- including cellphones and tablets -- and toward embedded systems, the company announced Wednesday.
Japan's Sharp is seeking an investment from U.S. chip giant Intel and other companies.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
- Shopping goes high tech and hassle-free with new Intel technology
- Raspberry Pi's new computer for industrial applications goes on sale
- Social networks let the rich buy influence
- 5G spectrum squatting case ends in $100M FCC fine
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTITSM Project Manager - PERM ROLE !!!!!!ACT
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA