New interface methods will revolutionise how we interact with computers
While others dream of sugarplums, here are a dozen gadgets that the true geek is hoping to see under the Christmas tree this year
We take a look at the latest version of Mozilla's browser
China will take the wraps off its latest 8-core Godson processor early next year to show its chip-making ability compared to Intel, Advanced Micro Devices and ARM.
Japan's Sharp, struggling with deep losses and searching for a financial savior, has cut short an early retirement program after being flooded with volunteers.
Google is so ubiquitous in our everyday digital lives that it's easy to overlook the many tools it offers that have a business slant.
The new, 11th version of Acrobat sports a number of new wrinkles
Three top executives promoted Monday at Intel are among the leading candidates under consideration to replace Paul Otellini as the company's CEO, according to sources familiar with the chip makers' plans.
China's largest search engine Baidu said on Monday the company would provide 30GB of free cloud storage to Android devices built with certain Qualcomm chips, in what's the latest move by the company to carve out a presence in the country's mobile ser...
Though U.S. political leaders managed to spark some good news for the economy Friday, technology stocks are down for the week, showing a continued lack of confidence in the sector.
Need a mouse for your Windows 8 laptop or a keyboard for your Windows RT tablet? These devices from Microsoft and Logitech are solid options from proven peripherals vendors.
Samsung on Thursday announced a new 64GB memory chip for smartphones and tablets, which it says is 20 percent smaller and a third faster than current technology.
Texas Instruments will lay off 1700 employees as it refocuses its efforts away from the wireless sector -- including cellphones and tablets -- and toward embedded systems, the company announced Wednesday.
Japan's Sharp is seeking an investment from U.S. chip giant Intel and other companies.
Intel is in final negotiations to invest up to $us500 million in struggling Sharp of Japan, Kyodo News agency reported Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET/SQL) 160714/AP/265Asia
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCTest LeadNSW
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT