A trade agreement that has digital rights groups worried gained traction this week, when lawmakers voted to end a filibuster of legislation that would fast-track trade deals through Congress.
Computer and Communications Industry Association
A bipartisan group of U.S. lawmakers has reintroduced legislation aimed at ending the National Security Agency's bulk collection of telephone records across the country.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will adopt net neutrality rules in early 2015, maybe as soon as February, several observers believe, but few people want to predict what those rules will look like.
Several technology and digital rights groups have praised a U.S. Senate move toward passing legislation that would rein in the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records collection program.
U.S. President Barack Obama, in a strong net neutrality policy statement, has given the Federal Communications Commission the political cover it needs to move ahead with new rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated utility.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's antitrust settlement with Google will create few changes in the way the company operates, both critics and fans of the deal said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- You're so vein: Samsung files a patent for a vein-scanning smartwatch
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia