A trade agreement that has digital rights groups worried gained traction this week, when lawmakers voted to end a filibuster of legislation that would fast-track trade deals through Congress.
Computer and Communications Industry Association
A bipartisan group of U.S. lawmakers has reintroduced legislation aimed at ending the National Security Agency's bulk collection of telephone records across the country.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will adopt net neutrality rules in early 2015, maybe as soon as February, several observers believe, but few people want to predict what those rules will look like.
Several technology and digital rights groups have praised a U.S. Senate move toward passing legislation that would rein in the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records collection program.
U.S. President Barack Obama, in a strong net neutrality policy statement, has given the Federal Communications Commission the political cover it needs to move ahead with new rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated utility.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's antitrust settlement with Google will create few changes in the way the company operates, both critics and fans of the deal said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cisco's Meraki spreads its cloud to voice
- Datameer gets an overhaul to make big-data analytics easier
- Facebook's plan to disrupt cellular gets big-name support
- US state officials worry about their ability to respond to cyberattacks
- French tax police raid Google’s Paris office
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTGeospatial Support AnalystQLD
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCAgile Coach / Agile Training ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCHastus AdministratorVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- FTData EngineersNSW