A trade agreement that has digital rights groups worried gained traction this week, when lawmakers voted to end a filibuster of legislation that would fast-track trade deals through Congress.
Computer and Communications Industry Association
A bipartisan group of U.S. lawmakers has reintroduced legislation aimed at ending the National Security Agency's bulk collection of telephone records across the country.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will adopt net neutrality rules in early 2015, maybe as soon as February, several observers believe, but few people want to predict what those rules will look like.
Several technology and digital rights groups have praised a U.S. Senate move toward passing legislation that would rein in the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records collection program.
U.S. President Barack Obama, in a strong net neutrality policy statement, has given the Federal Communications Commission the political cover it needs to move ahead with new rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated utility.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's antitrust settlement with Google will create few changes in the way the company operates, both critics and fans of the deal said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
- Apple patches iOS security flaws found in spyware targeting activist
- Informatica CEO: 'Data security is an unsolved problem'
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT