It's been about a year since Conficker/Downadup hit in 2009, and although the threat didn't turn out to be as grave as it had the potential to be, the 6.5 million PCs that remain infected today represent what Symantec Corp. calls a "loaded gun, waiti...
More than a year after doomsday reports hinted that the Conficker worm would bring down the Internet, one-in-10 Windows PCs still have not been patched to plug the hole the worm wriggles through, new data shows.
A report from security research firm NetWitness about a malicious botnet dubbed Kneber has been the focus of a fair amount of media attention, but mostly sensationalism that misses the real point.
Russia and Brazil are now the top hotspots for global Internet attack traffic, Net giant Akamai has said in its latest threat report, placing most of the blame on the hardy Conficker worm.
Security experts have known for months that some countries have had a harder time battling the Conficker worm than others. But thanks to data released Wednesday by Shadowserver, a volunteer-run organization, they now have a better idea of which Inter...
Creators of Waledac malware enlisted the Conficker botnet as a tool to spread malware of their own, marking the first time Conficker was made available for hire, according to Cisco's mid-year security report.This was symptomatic of a wider trend Cisc...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- You're so vein: Samsung files a patent for a vein-scanning smartwatch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA