It's been about a year since Conficker/Downadup hit in 2009, and although the threat didn't turn out to be as grave as it had the potential to be, the 6.5 million PCs that remain infected today represent what Symantec Corp. calls a "loaded gun, waiti...
More than a year after doomsday reports hinted that the Conficker worm would bring down the Internet, one-in-10 Windows PCs still have not been patched to plug the hole the worm wriggles through, new data shows.
A report from security research firm NetWitness about a malicious botnet dubbed Kneber has been the focus of a fair amount of media attention, but mostly sensationalism that misses the real point.
Russia and Brazil are now the top hotspots for global Internet attack traffic, Net giant Akamai has said in its latest threat report, placing most of the blame on the hardy Conficker worm.
Security experts have known for months that some countries have had a harder time battling the Conficker worm than others. But thanks to data released Wednesday by Shadowserver, a volunteer-run organization, they now have a better idea of which Inter...
Creators of Waledac malware enlisted the Conficker botnet as a tool to spread malware of their own, marking the first time Conficker was made available for hire, according to Cisco's mid-year security report.This was symptomatic of a wider trend Cisc...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
- A Raspberry Pi 3 competitor will boast an SSD storage slot
- Adblock Plus can't charge Axel Springer for whitelisting its ads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW