A coalition of equipment providers have joined to develop a new specification for controlling servers over the network, promising to eliminate data center vendor lock-in.
Configuration / maintenance
The U.S. State Department's main computer system for processing passport and visa applications crashed earlier this week leading to global delays for travel documents.
Known for its ThinkPad laptops, Lenovo is trying to find its way into the data center, despite the dominance of the Big 3: IBM, HP and Dell
A network researcher at the U.S. Department of Energy's Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory has found a potential new use for graphics processing units -- capturing data about network traffic in real time.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST), a Western Digital company, is putting helium into its hard disk drives (HDDs) to boost their capacity.
Shaw reviews Toshiba's Excite 10 SE tablet and HP's EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook.
As more organisations leverage the Cloud for critical business applications, they are discovering one of the greatest challenges is combining existing internal controls with cloud protection efforts.
The Microsoft Surface running Windows RT is just about everything you'd want in a tablet, but how does it stack up against the market leader, the Apple iPad?
Securing a hybrid cloud is not the same thing as deploying hybrid security products.
We got our hands on the two hottest products in the tablet computing market -- the Motorola Xoom and the iPad 2 and put them to the test. This was a 15-round heavyweight fight and in the end, the Xoom stood toe to toe with the reigning champ, iPad 2.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A hard drive's LED light can be used to covertly leak data
- Kite-surfing could put rural Brits online
- How to manage data in the BYOD office
- Facts and figures: The rise of Social Media addiction
- Verizon plans 5G trial service in 11 cities this year
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)QLD
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCBI Technical LeadACT
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- TPInstructional Designer | DETQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantACT
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- CCDigital Communications ManagerNSW
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW