A coalition of equipment providers have joined to develop a new specification for controlling servers over the network, promising to eliminate data center vendor lock-in.
Configuration / maintenance
The U.S. State Department's main computer system for processing passport and visa applications crashed earlier this week leading to global delays for travel documents.
Known for its ThinkPad laptops, Lenovo is trying to find its way into the data center, despite the dominance of the Big 3: IBM, HP and Dell
A network researcher at the U.S. Department of Energy's Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory has found a potential new use for graphics processing units -- capturing data about network traffic in real time.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST), a Western Digital company, is putting helium into its hard disk drives (HDDs) to boost their capacity.
Shaw reviews Toshiba's Excite 10 SE tablet and HP's EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook.
As more organisations leverage the Cloud for critical business applications, they are discovering one of the greatest challenges is combining existing internal controls with cloud protection efforts.
The Microsoft Surface running Windows RT is just about everything you'd want in a tablet, but how does it stack up against the market leader, the Apple iPad?
Securing a hybrid cloud is not the same thing as deploying hybrid security products.
We got our hands on the two hottest products in the tablet computing market -- the Motorola Xoom and the iPad 2 and put them to the test. This was a 15-round heavyweight fight and in the end, the Xoom stood toe to toe with the reigning champ, iPad 2.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controlling the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC