A coalition of equipment providers have joined to develop a new specification for controlling servers over the network, promising to eliminate data center vendor lock-in.
Configuration / maintenance
The U.S. State Department's main computer system for processing passport and visa applications crashed earlier this week leading to global delays for travel documents.
Known for its ThinkPad laptops, Lenovo is trying to find its way into the data center, despite the dominance of the Big 3: IBM, HP and Dell
A network researcher at the U.S. Department of Energy's Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory has found a potential new use for graphics processing units -- capturing data about network traffic in real time.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST), a Western Digital company, is putting helium into its hard disk drives (HDDs) to boost their capacity.
Shaw reviews Toshiba's Excite 10 SE tablet and HP's EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook.
As more organisations leverage the Cloud for critical business applications, they are discovering one of the greatest challenges is combining existing internal controls with cloud protection efforts.
The Microsoft Surface running Windows RT is just about everything you'd want in a tablet, but how does it stack up against the market leader, the Apple iPad?
Securing a hybrid cloud is not the same thing as deploying hybrid security products.
We got our hands on the two hottest products in the tablet computing market -- the Motorola Xoom and the iPad 2 and put them to the test. This was a 15-round heavyweight fight and in the end, the Xoom stood toe to toe with the reigning champ, iPad 2.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon's cloud business continues upward march
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
- Google lets third parties extend its productivity software on Android
- Long-running malvertising campaign infected thousands of computers per day
- Google beefs Linux up kernel defenses in Android
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia