Successful AI projects require more than just great algorithms or access to data scientists, writes Ray Wang of Constellation Research.
We’re all used to hype, and we can forgive genuine enthusiasm for shiny new technologies, but many of the claims being made for blockchain are just beyond the pale, writes Steve Wilson of Constellation Research.
In Silicon Valley, the recruiting game is extremely competitive, according to Ron Harrison, founder of Jivaro Professional Headhunters, a specialist in placing technology candidates.
It's no secret that cloud computing and data analytics are both rapidly growing areas of IT. Put them together, and you get a winning combination that's expected to grow by more than 26 percent annually over the next five years.
Just weeks after Tibco said it was looking at its long-term business options, the business intelligence software and middleware vendor has disclosed that it will be acquired by private equity firm Vista Equity Partners.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA