Nine privacy groups plan to withdraw from U.S. government-hosted negotiations to develop voluntary facial-recognition privacy standards because the groups feel the process won't lead to adequate privacy protections.
The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
Several privacy and civil rights groups voiced support for an online do-not-track bill introduced in the U.S. Senate Monday, saying the legislation would give Web users control over their personal data.
Two high-profile U.S. senators have introduced legislation designed to give consumers more control over what information about them is collected online, but privacy advocates said the bill will do little to curb wide-spread data-collection practices ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy groups complain to FTC about WhatsApp policy changes
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- New Surface Pro 3 firmware update should solve battery woes
- Hackers had a chance to hamper voting by deleting records
- As 5G heads for IoT, 4G is far from done
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT