Nine privacy groups plan to withdraw from U.S. government-hosted negotiations to develop voluntary facial-recognition privacy standards because the groups feel the process won't lead to adequate privacy protections.
The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
Several privacy and civil rights groups voiced support for an online do-not-track bill introduced in the U.S. Senate Monday, saying the legislation would give Web users control over their personal data.
Two high-profile U.S. senators have introduced legislation designed to give consumers more control over what information about them is collected online, but privacy advocates said the bill will do little to curb wide-spread data-collection practices ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantSA
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- CCSAP HANNA ArchitectNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCSolutions Architect (Power of Choice)QLD
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Case Developer - GovernmentNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCWintel Technical LeadVIC
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW