The U.S. Congress should take a hands-off approach toward the burgeoning Internet of Things industry and let vendors figure out how to deal with privacy and security issues, representatives of four trade groups said.
Consumer Electronics Association
A bill aimed at making it more difficult for so-called patent trolls to file unfair patent-infringement lawsuits has passed in a U.S. House of Representatives committee.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted to approve a bill aimed at curbing abusive lawsuits by so-called patent trolls.
U.S. universities have rejected a request from trade body Consumer Electronics Association to withdraw their objection to U.S. patent reform legislation that aims to curb so-called patent trolls.
Anticipated Republican gains in the U.S. Congress after next Tuesday's election have limited implications for tech-related issues like net neutrality and reform of National Security Agency surveillance programs, with some observers expecting no huge ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- Cyberspies stole secrets from industrial giant ThyssenKrupp
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
- AMD strengthens gaming and VR on Linux with graphics improvements
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- FTRF EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- TPIntegration DeveloperWA
- PTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD