Nokia said Tuesday it filed letters of objection in India to protest actions by the country's income tax authorities, including a raid on its factory, which it claimed ran counter to domestic laws and international standards.
As a massive blizzard enveloped the North-East US (and delayed this edition of The Rollup), a blizzard of rumours swept the iOSphere about iPhone 6.
Apple released a very narrowly targeted update for iOS on Monday--one many iOS users might never notice, in fact.
Nokia and LG Electronics have both launched new phones that can handle two SIM cards, as they aim to attract more buyers in developing countries.
Apple is paid an estimated $1 billion a year by Google for positioning its search engine as the default option on iOS devices, an analyst has said.
Tela Innovations has filed patent infringement complaints against key mobile handset vendors, including LG, HTC, Nokia and Motorola Mobility, before the U.S. International Trade Commission and the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
A newly published patent application indicates that that Apple is considering a new security feature for its future devices that would replace passcodes with an image recognition system.
BlackBerry's Z10 went on sale today at the unsubsidized price of $999 through wireless service provider Solavei and its retail partner GSM Nation
Microsoft's Surface Windows 8 Pro tablet is at the top of the wish list for information workers, as is Apple's iPhone, according to a report on mobile trends released by Forrester Research last week.
The newly rechristened BlackBerry delivered on its promise to breathe new life into an aging, iconic product line, but it still faces an uphill battle in a market dominated by Apple's iPhone and devices based on Google's Android operating system.
Apple is experimenting with watch-like wearable devices with some smartphone capabilities, as the company looks at new product categories for future growth, according to reports.
Sends out text to customers warning that update will cause problems
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has said that he thinks the company is falling behind in the smartphone market with its iPhone, and allowing rivals such as Samsung to catch up.
New iPad 5 renderings have been created based on the leaked back plate that emerged last week, showing what Apple's next iPad could look like in comparison to the iPad 4 and iPad mini.
iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 have reportedly been spotted at Apple's suppliers by a source who claims that both smartphones will launch this year.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
- AMD strengthens gaming and VR on Linux with graphics improvements
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Moore's Law lives on with speedy 7-nm mobile chips coming in 2018
- U.S. and U.K. spy agencies have been intercepting in-flight phone calls for years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW