Nokia's first flagship Windows Phone 7 device, the Lumia 800, isn't just another handset from another hardware maker. It's the future of Nokia, as the company puts the bulk of its high-end smartphone efforts into Microsoft's mobile OS.
Cisco Systems' Home Networking Business Unit will keep both its Linksys brand and its place in the parent company as Cisco pares down its business, but the unit is also sharpening its focus.
Nokia is betting its future on Microsoft’s mobile OS, and has introduced its first Windows Phone 7 device, the Lumia 800.
The Apple iPhone is attracting more new subscribers than expected to Sprint Nextel, and it will probably ease rather than worsen congestion on the carrier's 3G network, Sprint executives said as they announced third-quarter results on Wednesday.
Getting two Windows Phone-based smartphones ready for Nokia World was quite an accomplishment for the phone maker, but it still must overcome many challenges to turn around its smartphone business, according to analysts.
Reader Paul Boyce finds that the iPhone 4S's camera is inconsistent when it comes to autofocus.
If you ask Siri, the virtual personal assistant on the iPhone 4S, why it's so great, it answers with disarming humility: 'I am what I am.'
Smartphones are constantly and rapidly evolving -- which can make sticking to a two-year commitment increasingly hard. Herewith, a quick look at five of our current favorites.
Over the weekend I wrote an article titled "What If Steve Jobs Is Right?" As the title implies, the post was a hypothetical look at the possibility that Steve Jobs' assertion that Android is a "stolen product" is true.
As Nokia World approaches on Wednesday, details about the Finnish firm's Windows Phone 7.5 -- that's Mango -- lineup are beginning to emerge.
The head of Google's Android mobile OS, Andy Rubin, doesn't think your smartphone should be your personal assistant. In comments made during an interview at the AsiaD conference this week, Rubin downplayed the impact of Siri -- the voice interactive ...
A Danish study that monitored 350,000 cell phone users over an 18-year period found no link between mobile phone subscriptions and an increased risk of cancer.
Earlier this year, camera start-up Lytro provided an enticing sneak peek of what their first product could do. Using a light-field sensor -- the likes of which had previously only been seen in science labs and supercomputer-connected arrays of hundre...
Nokia reported a net loss and a fall in revenue for the third quarter, despite selling more phones than analysts had expected.
Sony has expanded its streaming music and on-demand gaming services to its new tablet, a spokeswoman said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Startup SQLdep aims to help DBAs stay sane
- BlackBerry's deal to buy voice crypto company Secusmart blessed by German government
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
- Divoom Voombox-Travel rugged Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Online Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTClient Services Manager | Digital Client Services ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW