Smartphones running the open source Ubuntu operating system will start shipping in October, although it isn't clear if they will be available in the U.S., according to a report.
With one notable exception, the Samsung Galaxy S IV rumor mill seems to have been dramatically slowed this week, which could indicate that the anonymous sources that have been only too eager to gab about the device of late are putting the lid on as t...
Nokia is planning to make a 41Mp PureView camera Lumia Windows Phone 8 smartphone.
Mophie's iPhone 5 battery case is its thinnest yet, and available from February 19: Juice Pack Helium.
Apple has been granted several new patents this week, including two design patents covering the slide-to-unlock feature and the rounded corners of the original iPhone, as well as a patent relating to touchscreen technology that could collect solar en...
Sony's Vita and PlayStation Portable handheld game consoles continued to struggle in the crucial holiday shopping season, but the company shrunk its overall losses from a year ago and is still on track to return to profitability this fiscal year.
Sam Yu won't name the handset makers involved. But the executive at Taiwanese firm Polytron Technologies is confident that consumers this year will see the arrival of partially transparent glass smartphones.
BlackBerry says launch sales of its new BlackBerry 10 handsets in Canada and the UK have beaten previous company records, but it isn't releasing actual sales figures.
Researchers have found a way to make colors more vivid on an e-reader screen, which could lead to the creation of advanced displays and spawn the development of color e-books.
The BlackBerry Q10 with a physical qwerty keyboard may not be available in the U.S. until May or June, suggested BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins in an interview with the Associated Press.
Apple shares have been plummeting, but analysts expect that an iPhone 5S and an iPhone with a bigger screen to take on the 'phablet' market could help the company recover.
The boom in smartphone sales will make cellphones the biggest user of flash memory this year, according to a market brief from analyst IHS.
When it comes to iPad keyboards, Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover has been among our favorites since it debuted for the standard iPad in early 2012. If you've been pining for a smaller version for your iPad mini, the wait is over: On Tuesday, the ...
BlackBerry and Unity are working together on an add-on for BlackBerry 10 smartphones that should make it easier for developers to create games for the new OS.
Microsoft is collaborating with the Kenyan government and a local Internet service provider to provide broadband access using TV white spaces and solar-powered base stations, as part of a long-term strategy to spread mobile telephony and Internet con...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCIT Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCCommunications OfficeACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia