With the latest generation of high-end smartphones sporting power-hungry 5-inch screens, a growing number of phone vendors are emphasizing bigger batteries rather than thinner devices.
KDDI, which runs one of Japan's largest mobile networks, is considering selling smartphones based on the new Firefox operating system from Mozilla.
Ever needed a way to charge your iPhone while out camping? A new video shows how fire or ice can charge an iPhone using a thermoelectric generator.
Apple may use oxide-based LCD screens for a next generation iPad with a "stunning" screen that is thinner and more power efficient.
New research has found that more than half of iPhone users don't browse past the top 25 apps in Apple's iOS App Store.
Speculation, rumors, and hopes about the upcoming BlackBerry 10 launch next week have sent Research in Motion's (RIMM - Nasdaq) stock price soaring.
Mozilla has launched Keon and Peak, two smartphones based on the web-centric Firefox OS platform.
NEC Casio's forthcoming Medias W Android smartphone has two 4.3-inch touch screens arranged back-to-back on a hinge.
Report: Sharp reduces full-size iPad display production to 'minimal level', is Apple gearing up for iPad 5?
Sharp has reduced production of Apple's 9.7in iPad displays to a 'minimal level' in Japan, a new report suggests, claiming that the rise in demand for the iPad mini could be contributing to a decrease in full-size iPad sales, and that Apple could be ...
NTT DoCoMo, the largest mobile operator in Japan, will offer Sony's new flagship smartphone and ultrathin tablet as part of its Spring lineup, as it attempts to hold off rivals riding the success of their Apple offerings.
The first mobile devices with Qualcomm's quad-core Snapdragon chip featuring an integrated modem will be shown off later this month, the company said on Monday.
Apple could be working on three new iPhones for launch this year, including an iPhone 6, an iPhone with a 12-megapixel camera, and a bigger, 4.8-inch iPhone, which the latest rumours are calling the 'iPhone math. Yes, really.
Sales of the iPhone 4 and 4S have been so astronomical it will be a long time before Samsung can catch up
Research In Motion has renamed its web store BlackBerry World, as it gets ready to add more content ahead of the launch of the BlackBerry 10 operating system.
The alleged cuts of iPhone 5 component orders are due to an upcoming 'evolutionary technology update' for the iPhone 6, not a lack of demand for Apple's smartphone, an analyst has suggested.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Darkode cybercrime forum might be making a comeback
- Google: Lock up your Compute Engine data with your own encryption keys
- Intel, Micron claim a new class of memory between flash and DRAM
- Groups urge Obama to oppose cyberthreat sharing bills
- EU privacy watchdog weighs in on data protection reform, shares concerns
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW