Apple is moving ahead with plans for a less expensive iPhone, possibly with a plastic instead of metal body, according to a new report. But new retail options for consumers already are making even the flagship iPhone 5 more affordable.
ZTE and Huawei took home most of the device-related headlines from this year's International CES in Las Vegas, which didn't exactly provide an earthshaking amount of Android news for a show of its size. Nevertheless, the companies both demonstrated s...
Point-of-view camera makers iON and GoPro hawked new devices at the International CES, in the wake of explosive growth in the market in recent years.
Apple has updated its App Store rules to prevent scammers from being able to change the screenshots displayed with their app descriptions after Apple has approved it.
Research in Motion is at CES this week talking up BlackBerry 10, the company's smartphone refresh set to debut January 30. Despite five years of floundering behind Apple's iPhone and Google Android devices, RIM is generating interest in BlackBerry 10...
Samsung has announced a new smartphone in its Galaxy line, the S II Plus, that looks similar to last year's model but brings some specs and software up to date.
Renewed talk of a cheaper iPhone shuffled into view this week, with sources as varied as the spotty DigiTimes to the more mainstream Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg claiming Apple will enter the low-price fray this year.
Nokia sold 4.4 million Lumia smartphones during the fourth quarter of last year, as the company's Devices & Services unit exceeded expectations, according to preliminary data.
SecurEnvoy and PasswordBank have joined forces to allow users to access multiple cloud services at the same time using their mobile phones.
NTT DoCoMo is launching a new educational Android phone for Japanese children, but the kids will have to wait to learn about Google.
Flexible OLEDs that can be rolled up or wrapped around the sides of smartphones are getting closer to reality. Samsung Electronics showed some of its prototype flexible displays at CES Wednesday and launched a new brand name for them, Youm.
If you're a serious Android-watcher, you've probably heard of the YotaPhone - the Russian-built Android phone that packs a rear-mounted e-Ink display in addition to a standard touchscreen.
It's been a year since the introduction of the first Intel Inside handset, but the company's struggles to break into the smartphone market continue as rivals Nvidia and Qualcomm improved speed and power efficiency of ARM chips, which dominate that ma...
Former US President Bill Clinton made a surprise appearance at the International CES on Wednesday, where he talked a little about technology and a lot about hot-button political issues like the environment and gun control.
Research In Motion's new BlackBerry 10 operating system looks good and SAP plans to begin supporting RIM handsets for its workforce shortly after the January launch, according to a SAP executive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCiOS developerNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW