Apple is moving ahead with plans for a less expensive iPhone, possibly with a plastic instead of metal body, according to a new report. But new retail options for consumers already are making even the flagship iPhone 5 more affordable.
ZTE and Huawei took home most of the device-related headlines from this year's International CES in Las Vegas, which didn't exactly provide an earthshaking amount of Android news for a show of its size. Nevertheless, the companies both demonstrated s...
Point-of-view camera makers iON and GoPro hawked new devices at the International CES, in the wake of explosive growth in the market in recent years.
Apple has updated its App Store rules to prevent scammers from being able to change the screenshots displayed with their app descriptions after Apple has approved it.
Research in Motion is at CES this week talking up BlackBerry 10, the company's smartphone refresh set to debut January 30. Despite five years of floundering behind Apple's iPhone and Google Android devices, RIM is generating interest in BlackBerry 10...
Samsung has announced a new smartphone in its Galaxy line, the S II Plus, that looks similar to last year's model but brings some specs and software up to date.
Renewed talk of a cheaper iPhone shuffled into view this week, with sources as varied as the spotty DigiTimes to the more mainstream Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg claiming Apple will enter the low-price fray this year.
Nokia sold 4.4 million Lumia smartphones during the fourth quarter of last year, as the company's Devices & Services unit exceeded expectations, according to preliminary data.
SecurEnvoy and PasswordBank have joined forces to allow users to access multiple cloud services at the same time using their mobile phones.
NTT DoCoMo is launching a new educational Android phone for Japanese children, but the kids will have to wait to learn about Google.
Flexible OLEDs that can be rolled up or wrapped around the sides of smartphones are getting closer to reality. Samsung Electronics showed some of its prototype flexible displays at CES Wednesday and launched a new brand name for them, Youm.
If you're a serious Android-watcher, you've probably heard of the YotaPhone - the Russian-built Android phone that packs a rear-mounted e-Ink display in addition to a standard touchscreen.
It's been a year since the introduction of the first Intel Inside handset, but the company's struggles to break into the smartphone market continue as rivals Nvidia and Qualcomm improved speed and power efficiency of ARM chips, which dominate that ma...
Former US President Bill Clinton made a surprise appearance at the International CES on Wednesday, where he talked a little about technology and a lot about hot-button political issues like the environment and gun control.
Research In Motion's new BlackBerry 10 operating system looks good and SAP plans to begin supporting RIM handsets for its workforce shortly after the January launch, according to a SAP executive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- CCTechnical Requirements Architect - NV1ACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSAP DevelopersSA
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW