Apple has released the second beta of iOS 6.1 to developers, with Map Kit enhancements and Passbook improvements, alongside a new Apple TV software beta and a new preview of Xcode 4.6.
HTC and Verizon Wireless on Tuesday announced the Droid DNA smartphone, which comes with Android 4.1 and a 5-inch high-definition display that the company said is the most advanced in the market today.
Norwegian company Elliptic Labs' touchless gesturing technology allows users to control devices by waving their hands in front of the screen, and the first implementation has been tailored for Windows 8 PCs, the company said on Tuesday.
Honda will begin tests next year of a small electric vehicle that uses a driver's tablet for displaying dashboard readings, audio, navigation and images from its rearview camera, it said Tuesday.
Apple will begin the trial production process for the 'iPhone 5S' in December, according to new reports.
Microsoft and Motorola Mobility will face off in court on Tuesday for the start of a patent trial that could help establish how royalty rates are calculated for standards-essential patents.
Anyone who finds it hard to believe that the average U.S. mobile subscriber sent 696 text messages per month in the second quarter of this year may be relieved to know that this figure fell to 678 per month in the third quarter.
Apple today revised the backorder status of the iPhone 5, saying that new orders would ship in "2-3 weeks", a week less than the earlier "3-4 weeks" that had plagued the smartphone for almost two months.
The iPhone 5 appears to be suffering from a touch-based input 'glitch' that causes the display to pause or completely stop responding to touch input when the user is swiping back and forth diagonally on the screen in a fast motion.
Research In Motion will launch BlackBerry 10 and the two first smartphones based on the operating system on Jan. 30, the company said on Monday.
Analysts say HTC still faces an uphill battle to rebuild its smartphone business amid heated competition, despite reaching a deal with Apple to settle their patent disputes.
Apple and Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC have settled all of their outstanding patent disputes.
You're facing a 3-4 week wait if you order an iPhone 5 today, according to Apple's Website. Partly, that's because Apple's manufacturing partner is having trouble keeping up with high demand for the new phone.
Analyst Horace Dediu notes that Apple spent $2.3 billion more than forecast and suggests that it was to bail out Sharp.
Speculation about Microsoft Office's arrival on iPad, iPhone and Android has been circulating the web for a while now, but the latest reports suggest that the productivity suite could finally be released on mobile devices early next year.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagersACT
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- FTEUC Solution Architect l Large Transformation ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)NSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD