Apple has increased the prices of apps sold through its iTunes App Store in Europe because of exchange rate changes, it said on Friday. The minimum price for an app in the Euro zone rose to €0.89 ($1.15) from €0.79.
Nokia has dropped off the list of the top five smartphone vendors in the third quarter, facing stiff competition from Samsung and Apple globally, and from high-growth vendors like Huawei in China, where Nokia was the dominant player as recently as th...
Apple sold 27 million iPhones and 14 million iPads in the last quarter of 2012, swelling its revenue by 27 per cent, but its profits fell short of what analysts had been expecting.
That didn't take long--within hours of Apple's Tuesday announcement of the iPad mini, accessory makers began announcing products that would go perfectly with the new device. Here are a few that landed in our in-box in the first couple days, as well a...
Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing Phil Schiller has defended the iPad mini's price tag, claiming that it's the quality of the newly announced device that will help it beat the competition.
Buyers of smartphones, tablets and MP3 players must pay a levy of up to €5 (US$6.5) in the Netherlands as of January 2013 to compensate for loss of income to the music and film industries caused by private copying, the Dutch ministry of Security and ...
Google's next smartphone, the Nexus 4, will have a 4.7-inch screen and start shipping on Oct. 30, according to U.K. retailer Carphone Warehouse.
Verizon Wireless, like AT&T, will start shipping the Samsung Galaxy Note II in November, but its subscribers will have to wait a bit longer than users on competing networks.
Samsung on Thursday confirmed the pricing and availability details for its Galaxy Note II, a smartphone-tablet hybrid that comes with version 4.1 of Google's Android OS, known as Jelly Bean.
Push-to-talk, once the killer app of Nextel's iDEN network and more recently a feature offered on certain Sprint Nextel phones, has finally made the transformation into a downloadable Android app called Sprint Direct Connect Now.
A finding by the U.S. International Trade Commission that Samsung infringed Apple's patents would lead to less choice and higher prices for consumers, Samsung said Wednesday after an ITU judge issued a preliminary decision against the company.
Samsung Telecommunications America has upgraded the TecTile application, which programs NFC stickers to automate functions on its smartphones.
The name Foxconn has become shorthand for the human costs of building the iPhone in China, linking Apple to bad publicity about worker suicides, deaths from a plant explosion and rioting factory workers.
The text on Amazon's newest Kindle reads top-to-bottom and right-to-left.
The Lumia 510 is Nokia's new entry-level Windows Phone, priced at about US$199 excluding taxes and subsidies and due to be released in November, the company said on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Salesforce tools let customers snap together new mobile apps
- Darkode cybercrime forum might be making a comeback
- Google: Lock up your Compute Engine data with your own encryption keys
- Intel, Micron claim a new class of memory between flash and DRAM
- Groups urge Obama to oppose cyberthreat sharing bills
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW