The Samsung Galaxy S III, for the first time, is the top-selling smartphone in the world, beating out both the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, according to Strategy Analytics data for the third quarter of 2012.
Working with Xsens Technologies, STMicroelectronics is next week demonstrating the world's first wearable wireless 3D body motion-tracking system based on consumer-grade sensors.
Sony said Thursday that the executive in charge of its online products, and linking them up to its broad hardware holdings, will leave the company at the end of the year.
Lenovo's net profit for the fiscal second quarter increased by only 13 per cent year-over-year, marking a shift from the high profit growth the company has previously seen.
Stringent iPhone 5 production specifications established by Apple and supply issues with new components like the Lightning port and larger screen could be responsible for Foxconn's delays of the handset, analysts said on Wednesday.
Microsoft's future hinges on attracting developers to build Windows 8 apps. But by offering financial incentives, supporting a range of programming languages and allowing developers to write code once for multiple devices, those developers may soon f...
MasterCard is testing new ways to make online transactions more secure with its PayPass application and a mobile phone, including using QR codes to secure the transactions.
Amazon.com, a latecomer to Japan's e-reader market, is slashing its Kindle prices in the country before it has shipped a single device.
A new report has sparked a debate about the possibility of Apple rejecting Google's Maps app for iOS, which is expected to be submitted to the App Store later this year.
An analyst has predicted that Apple has sold two million iPad minis since its launch last week.
Apple dropped out of the top five list in China's smartphone market for the third quarter, as local handset vendors saw their shipments surge from the sales of low-priced smartphone models, according to research firm Canalys.
Microsoft will provide information about the location and quality of free Wi-Fi hotspots in Windows Phone 8 so users can find the best nearby networks.
Gartner report that 1.2 billion smart devices will be purchased in 2013, breaking the 1 billion mark for the first time.
Given Android's ubiquity today, it's almost hard to believe that it has only been around a few years.
British chip designer Imagination Technologies plans to acquire the operating business of processor maker MIPS Technologies, as well as some of its patents, in an effort to strengthen its position on smartphones. At the same time MIPS has also sold a...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCService Desk SMENSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW