Japan's Casio is preparing to launch a new Android tablet for businesses that acts as a personal scanner.
Apple has increased the prices of apps sold through its iTunes App Store in Europe because of exchange rate changes, it said on Friday. The minimum price for an app in the Euro zone rose to €0.89 ($1.15) from €0.79.
Nokia has dropped off the list of the top five smartphone vendors in the third quarter, facing stiff competition from Samsung and Apple globally, and from high-growth vendors like Huawei in China, where Nokia was the dominant player as recently as th...
Apple sold 27 million iPhones and 14 million iPads in the last quarter of 2012, swelling its revenue by 27 per cent, but its profits fell short of what analysts had been expecting.
That didn't take long--within hours of Apple's Tuesday announcement of the iPad mini, accessory makers began announcing products that would go perfectly with the new device. Here are a few that landed in our in-box in the first couple days, as well a...
Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing Phil Schiller has defended the iPad mini's price tag, claiming that it's the quality of the newly announced device that will help it beat the competition.
Buyers of smartphones, tablets and MP3 players must pay a levy of up to €5 (US$6.5) in the Netherlands as of January 2013 to compensate for loss of income to the music and film industries caused by private copying, the Dutch ministry of Security and ...
Google's next smartphone, the Nexus 4, will have a 4.7-inch screen and start shipping on Oct. 30, according to U.K. retailer Carphone Warehouse.
Verizon Wireless, like AT&T, will start shipping the Samsung Galaxy Note II in November, but its subscribers will have to wait a bit longer than users on competing networks.
Samsung on Thursday confirmed the pricing and availability details for its Galaxy Note II, a smartphone-tablet hybrid that comes with version 4.1 of Google's Android OS, known as Jelly Bean.
Push-to-talk, once the killer app of Nextel's iDEN network and more recently a feature offered on certain Sprint Nextel phones, has finally made the transformation into a downloadable Android app called Sprint Direct Connect Now.
A finding by the U.S. International Trade Commission that Samsung infringed Apple's patents would lead to less choice and higher prices for consumers, Samsung said Wednesday after an ITU judge issued a preliminary decision against the company.
Samsung Telecommunications America has upgraded the TecTile application, which programs NFC stickers to automate functions on its smartphones.
The name Foxconn has become shorthand for the human costs of building the iPhone in China, linking Apple to bad publicity about worker suicides, deaths from a plant explosion and rioting factory workers.
The text on Amazon's newest Kindle reads top-to-bottom and right-to-left.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft’s standing to sue over secret US data requests in question
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- TPData AnalystVIC
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- FTSystems AnalystSA