Competition in the smartphone sector will remain cutthroat in 2012, as vendors will improve performance using LTE, high-resolution screens and quad-core processors and GPUs.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (Hitachi GST) said Monday it began shipments of its first 4TB, 3.5-inch hard drive, targeted at the PC market, three months after rival Seagate launched its own version.
Despite the widespread belief among Apple-watchers that the next-generation iPad would launch in March 2012, a Citigroup analyst believes it could be earlier that that.
There will be two million iPhone 3GS units produced in the quarter ending December 2011, despite the handset now being more than two years old, it has been claimed.
On Thursday, Xamarin added an API (application programming interface) for contacts to its new cross-platform Mobile development kit, with which the company aims to make it easier for C# users to develop applications for Android and iOS at the same ti...
Panasonic said Friday it would venture abroad to sell smartphones, beginning with Europe in March and then expanding to the U.S., China, and rest of Asia.
ZTE plans to launch high-end smartphones in the U.S. next year, according to a company spokeswoman, breaking out of its mold as primarily a player in the low-end phone market.
Gigabit-speed wireless LAN products based on the emerging IEEE 802.11ac standard will start shipping next year and usher Wi-Fi into its next era of high speed and long range, communications chip maker Broadcom said Thursday.
After several days of gains, tech stocks dropped Thursday as markets declined on disappointing news from Europe, where government officials are meeting to try to solve the sovereign debt crisis afflicting several countries in the euro area.
Google has released a free mobile app that pulls content from different websites into one place and lets people build what looks a bit like their own personalized online magazine.
Jawbone on Thursday published an open letter to Up owners, announcing a refund program for dissatisfied owners of the company’s step and sleep tracking armband.
A Toshiba executive said his company will look to differentiate its tablets in emerging countries by pre-loading them with exclusive, local content.
A Sharp executive said Thursday he was not concerned with the introduction of a rumored "iTV" designed by Steve Jobs and other smart TVs in the U.S. market, and that his company is focused on selling large-screen sets with traditional features.
A French court has denied Samsung's preliminary injunction request to stop the sale of Apple's iPhone 4S, both parties confirmed on Thursday.
Micro Focus has adapted its SilkPerformer platform for testing of mobile web applications, in a effort to help users improve performance, the company said on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT