iOS grew its share of the global mobile operating system market to 24.2 percent in November, further stretching its advantage over Android.
Users of Apple's iPhone 4S are even more satisfied than iPhone 4 users last year, with 96 percent somewhat or very satisfied, according to a survey from ChangeWave Research. However, 38 percent of those surveyed said the phone's battery life is too s...
Many smartphone users are wondering whether their Android, Nokia and BlackBerry devices are spying on them after security researcher Trevor Eckhart recently claimed that a piece of diagnostic software on the phones was acting like malware.
Google's open-source Android 4.0 operating system for smartphones and tablets has been ported to work with x86 processors, a member of an open-source project involved in the effort said this week.
It's crazy how much more advanced phone cameras have gotten over last few years. Five years ago, they were mere curiosities; today they can record HD video. Now a movie crew led by local disc jockey Hooman Khallili thinks that phone cameras are ready...
Sick of your iPhone or Android handset? Want to try out Windows Phone Mango? Microsoft is letting Android and iPhone users try Windows Phone 7.5 Mango with an HTML5 demo that runs in your smartphone's browser.
New phones and tablets with Android 4.0, a.k.a. Ice Cream Sandwich, are just around the corner, and carriers are also announcing which current models will be upgradable, most likely in early 2012.
HTC has won a case in the U.S. that alleged the Taiwanese smartphone maker had infringed on several digital camera patents controlled by FlashPoint Technology.
Fresh out of the box, your iPhone 4S can launch Siri in one of two ways: You can press and hold the Home button, or you can simply lift your phone up to your ear, and Siri should start listening.
Late Monday, Apple approved iTether in the App Store. The $15 app’s description in the store is perfectly clear: iTether lets you connect your Mac or PC to your iPhone’s data plan—without requiring that you activate a tethering plan with your carrier...
Mobile telecom trade group CTIA and the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) will roll out a rating system for mobile applications similar to ratings on other electronic games, the groups announced Tuesday.
New European Commission proposals could prove a boon to online shoppers who have disputes with traders.
NTT DoCoMo, Japan's largest mobile carrier, said Tuesday it will strongly back a new TV service for smartphones to launch next year, and will work to promote the technology internationally.
Lenovo unveiled three new tablets and a smartphone for the Chinese market on Tuesday and said it will launch a smart TV product in the first quarter of next year.
Japanese component maker Rohm said it has developed an experimental chip that can send and receive signals at terahertz-range frequencies, which can carry data at speeds of up to 30Gbps and penetrate clothing and paper.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC