Microsoft said on Tuesday it will license the protocols for many of its enterprise systems to a company that will develop compatible applications for non-Microsoft mobile operating systems, including Google's Android and Apple's iOS.
What happens if you take the RAZR design and add a slide-out QWERTY keyboard? Meet the Motorola Droid 4, the latest recruit in the Android army, breaking cover this weekend via leaked photos from Droid Life.
Motorola is bringing the concept for its Droid Razr smartphone to China's largest mobile carrier in a new handset, but has done so with a thicker casing in order to contain a more powerful camera and higher resolution screen.
China has passed the U.S. in the third quarter to become the world's largest smartphone market by shipments, but may find it tough to hold the position in the next two quarters, according to a research firm.
Samsung will update the Galaxy Nexus as soon as possible to fix an issue that is causing problems with sound volume, the company said on Wednesday.
Once again, a Facebook phone is the talk of the tech world, despite Mark Zuckerberg's insistence that his company is not building a smartphone.
This year the number of operators that have implemented HD Voice has almost tripled, and more phones are also compatible with the technology, according to a report by industry organization GSA (Global mobile Suppliers Association).
Qualcomm's long-awaited Mirasol reflective color screen technology is on the market, in an e-reader that launched in South Korea on Tuesday.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has determined that Apple did not infringe technology patents owned by S3 Graphics and ended its investigation of the matter, the ITC announced Monday.
Adobe's plans to stop developing mobile Flash Player will have to wait a little longer, as the company works on bringing Flash to Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
In the five months since Asus announced the Asus Padfone, few details have been revealed about this Android smartphone that can turn into a tablet.
The number people accessing social networking sites in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the U.K. using their mobile phone has grown by 44 percent in the last year, market research company comScore said on Monday.
The days leading up to Black Friday always bring door-buster deals on big-screen TVs, and this year is no exception. According to market research firm IHS, U.S. retailers will sell 42in, 1080p LED HDTVs for less than US$400 by Black Friday.
The integration of mobile networks and Wi-Fi promises to make hotspots more popular and easier to access, but it will also put pressure on providers to improve performance, according to hotspot aggregator Boingo Wireless.
Some of Taiwan's smaller manufacturers said they were relieved to see Google release the source code for its Android 4.0 operating system, after being cut out of the picture with its previous Honeycomb version.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel is said to mull selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
- Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC