Microsoft said on Tuesday it will license the protocols for many of its enterprise systems to a company that will develop compatible applications for non-Microsoft mobile operating systems, including Google's Android and Apple's iOS.
What happens if you take the RAZR design and add a slide-out QWERTY keyboard? Meet the Motorola Droid 4, the latest recruit in the Android army, breaking cover this weekend via leaked photos from Droid Life.
Motorola is bringing the concept for its Droid Razr smartphone to China's largest mobile carrier in a new handset, but has done so with a thicker casing in order to contain a more powerful camera and higher resolution screen.
China has passed the U.S. in the third quarter to become the world's largest smartphone market by shipments, but may find it tough to hold the position in the next two quarters, according to a research firm.
Samsung will update the Galaxy Nexus as soon as possible to fix an issue that is causing problems with sound volume, the company said on Wednesday.
Once again, a Facebook phone is the talk of the tech world, despite Mark Zuckerberg's insistence that his company is not building a smartphone.
This year the number of operators that have implemented HD Voice has almost tripled, and more phones are also compatible with the technology, according to a report by industry organization GSA (Global mobile Suppliers Association).
Qualcomm's long-awaited Mirasol reflective color screen technology is on the market, in an e-reader that launched in South Korea on Tuesday.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has determined that Apple did not infringe technology patents owned by S3 Graphics and ended its investigation of the matter, the ITC announced Monday.
Adobe's plans to stop developing mobile Flash Player will have to wait a little longer, as the company works on bringing Flash to Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
In the five months since Asus announced the Asus Padfone, few details have been revealed about this Android smartphone that can turn into a tablet.
The number people accessing social networking sites in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the U.K. using their mobile phone has grown by 44 percent in the last year, market research company comScore said on Monday.
The days leading up to Black Friday always bring door-buster deals on big-screen TVs, and this year is no exception. According to market research firm IHS, U.S. retailers will sell 42in, 1080p LED HDTVs for less than US$400 by Black Friday.
The integration of mobile networks and Wi-Fi promises to make hotspots more popular and easier to access, but it will also put pressure on providers to improve performance, according to hotspot aggregator Boingo Wireless.
Some of Taiwan's smaller manufacturers said they were relieved to see Google release the source code for its Android 4.0 operating system, after being cut out of the picture with its previous Honeycomb version.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant -10056987-001VIC
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTMidrange Application Developer (.Net)ACT
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA