Nokia's acting Chief Technology Officer Henry Tirri is to stay on in the role, after his predecessor Rich Green left the company on Thursday following three months leave to deal with a "personal matter."
KDDI, which runs Japan's second-largest mobile carrier, will offer the iPhone 5 from early 2012, ending Softbank's monopoly of the device in Japan, the country's largest business newspaper reported Thursday.
The Internet was in an uproar earlier this year following Facebook's launch of facial recognition software for its photo services, enabling users to identify their friends in photos automatically--and without their permission. Though critics describe...
Strangeloop is coming out with a Web-site optimizer that speeds up page builds on mobile devices based on Apple, Android and Microsoft operating systems.
Even though Google said its Google Wallet app was available Monday, it won't be installed over-the-air to all Nexus S 4G customers until Friday night.
Although Apple hasn't announced a release date for the iPhone 5, existing iPhone owners are already selling their handsets in anticipation.
Apple will launch the next iPhone on Oct. 4, a technology blog said today, citing what it called "sources close to the situation."
Satellite-4G carrier LightSquared said Wednesday that gear to prevent interference between its network and precision GPS gear will cost US$50 to $300 per device and it is in talks with the U.S. government about covering the cost of upgrading or repla...
The cyborg plant is not a new concept. The robot plant replacement is even less new: You can buy one for a price of $4.19 from ThinkGeek, after all. But a team at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich isn't interested in solar-powered p...
Despite the increasing use of smartphones at work, more than one-third of companies still don't provide any support for personal phones or outright prohibit their use at the office.
An image provided by an iPhone case supplier suggests that the next-generation iPhone will have a wider Home button, larger screen and a newly-positioned flash for the camera.
Doubt has been cast on the possibility of Apple launching an iPhone 5 in 2011 after a Chinese supplier claimed there was going to be "no iPhone 5 this year".
If you frequently use a mobile phone for business calls and text messages, you know that the fees from your carrier can add up quickly. But with suitable apps and programs, you can add an office line that lets you use Wi-Fi to make voice calls and se...
Appcelerator, whose Titanium platform is used to develop cross-platform apps for smartphones and tablets, has opened Open Mobile Marketplace, a store where developers can download modules to expand the functionality of Titanium and more easily add fe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
- Dick Smith closes doors for the last time (+4 photos)
- Google, Fiat Chrysler to collaborate on self-driving minivans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD