Appcelerator, whose Titanium platform is used to develop cross-platform apps for smartphones and tablets, has opened Open Mobile Marketplace, a store where developers can download modules to expand the functionality of Titanium and more easily add fe...
MasterCard on Thursday gave a sneak peek into the near future of mobile payment systems and said that the Google Wallet application is within weeks of being rolled out commercially.
PayPal has unveiled a mobile payment initiative for shoppers that doesn't require near-field communication (NFC) technology inside smartphones.
iPhone accessory manufacturer, Case-Mate, has published a page showing six case designs for the upcoming iPhone 5. These designs give us the best sense yet of what the iPhone 5 might look like.
PlayBook shipments dropped in half for Research In Motion during its second quarter, which also saw revenue continue to plummet.
Apple confirmed on Thursday that it filed a lawsuit against Samsung in the U.K.'s High Court earlier in the week, as the two technology giants continue a legal tit-for-tat revolving around their mobile phone and tablet products.
If you liked the recent changes Facebook made to Improve privacy, then you'll want to upgrade immediately to the latest version of the social network's app for Android smartphones.
Intel hopes to boost its business selling chips to phone makers -- now the domain of rival ARM -- through a partnership announced this week with Google to develop future Android OS versions for mobile devices with Intel chips.
A blow-by-blow account of negotiations leading up to Google's acquisition of Motorola indicates that the deal may have been one of necessity rather than opportunity for Google.
Sony said Wednesday that its PlayStation Vita portable game console will go on sale Dec. 17 in Japan, with 26 game titles and a 3G version that will run on NTT DoCoMo's network.
The arrival of Samsung's Galaxy S II phones has been a long time coming. We first saw the next generation of Samsung's popular line of Android phones back in February at Mobile World Congress. After many successful months in Europe, the Galaxy S II l...
Anticipating that Apple will launch the iPhone 5 in October, a financial analyst firm has predicted unprecedented demand for the new phone.
Intel and Google announced on Tuesday that they would partner to optimize future versions of the Android OS for smartphones and other mobile devices using Intel chips.
App store vendors need to collaborate more closely to keep smartphone users safe, including putting together a system for grading application security, according to E.U. cybersecurity agency ENISA.
Bowing to pressure from European privacy regulators, Google will soon allow owners of Wi-Fi access points to opt out of a Google service that allows smartphone owners to identify their location without using GPS (Global Positioning System), it said T...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- OpenAI releases Universe, a platform for training AIs to play games, use apps
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- FTAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadACT
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC