NTT DoCoMo will partner with several Japanese hardware makers and Korean manufacturer Samsung Electronics to develop core chips for use in future smartphones, Japan's biggest business newspaper reported Monday.
Dolby Laboratories said Monday that Research In Motion has agreed to license audio technologies that were at the center of two lawsuits filed by Dolby against the Canadian smartphones and tablets company.
AT&T has unveiled a lineup of new Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" smartphones coming soon, and plans to upgrade existing Windows Phone 7 devices to Mango soon. With the additional devices, AT&T will have seven different Windows Phone 7 smartphones ...
Amazon's plans to create a subscription-based lending library of e-books on the Kindle is just, at this point, a rumor -- but, despite the novelty of the idea, it's already running into problems, namely from major book publishers.
More people in the US will access the Internet via mobile devices than through desktop computers or other wired devices by 2015, IDC predicted on Monday.
HTC is considering buying WebOS from Hewlett Packard or another mobile operating system, according to a report based on comments made by HTC Chairwoman Cher Wang.
Apple reportedly will send the Golden Master version of its iOS 5 mobile operating system to manufacturing partners around the last week of September, and that means a new iPhone could be on the way shortly thereafter.
The personal computer isn't dying, but its days of dominance are numbered. Research firm IDC predicts the number of U.S. mobile Internet users will surpass their wired counterparts by 2015.
Touch specialist Synaptics is working on technologies that will allow touchscreens to mimic the feel of a physical keypad, in order to make smartphones easier to use, according to company technology strategist Andrew Hsu.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and Google CEO Larry Page must sit down and try to work out a settlement on September 19, according to a court order
Operator-backed Buyster will launch its payment service, which aims to make online transactions more secure using mobile phones, on Sept. 13, the company said on Thursday.
Several of Microsoft's business productivity applications will be available for free on Nokia's latest Symbian Belle smartphones later this year, Nokia announced Thursday.
Android fans should expect to see Ice Cream Sandwich, the next version of Google's mobile operating system, in October or November, according to Google’s executive chairman, Eric Schmidt. "We have a new [Android] operating system, internally known as...
The judge overseeing the dispute between Oracle and Google "strongly recommends" that Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and Google CEO Larry Page be ordered to attend mediation.
Amazon's SDKs (software development kits) for Android and Apple's iOS have exited the beta testing phase, the company said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia