StackMob hopes to make it easier for Heroku's customers to extend their applications to mobile phones, by adding its service as a Heroku add-on.
Nokia announced Belle, an update of Symbian, along with three phones running the software, on Wednesday at an event in Hong Kong, as it tries to keep consumers interested in the OS.
The final version of the Windows Phone SDK 7.1 will arrive at the end of September. It allows developers <a href="http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/wpdev/archive/2011/08/23/marketplace-amp-tools-open-for-mango-app-submission.aspx">to take ad...
WebOS wasn't really a bad operating system; it just never really had a purpose.
Readers who like to follow the bread crumb trails that gadget makers leave prior to the announcement of a new product might want to digest this morsel uncovered today in the whois registry: kindlescribe.com. This domain name, registered by Amazon.com...
The latest iPhone 5 rumors say the next iteration of Apple's smartphone will almost certainly be a CDMA/GSM dual-mode “world phone.” An unidentified iOS device has popped up in the usage logs for at least one popular iOS app sporting identifiers that...
Research In Motion announced three new versions of the Blackberry Curve smartphone. Research in Motion today announced three new BlackBerry Curve smartphones running the latest BlackBerry 7 mobile operating system with its faster Web browsing experi...
Skype announced that it is acquiring GroupMe for an undisclosed sum. Acquiring the young mobile group messaging service expands Skype's arsenal of communication tools and gives Skype (and by extension Microsoft once the purchase of Skype is complete)...
Hewlett-Packard's WebOS is not dead yet, and that could be a good thing for chip maker Qualcomm, according to an industry analyst.
Lenovo’s business-orientated tablet, the ThinkPad Tablet, is now available for order and should start shipping within a week. The 10-inch Android device, which Lenovo officially announced a little more than a month ago, boasts an impressive mix of co...
Talk of a lower-priced iPhone 4 sweeping news outlets and Apple blogs today isn't exactly a shock, an analyst said today.
As a geek and longtime tech reporter, there are few things I love writing about more than cool new technological innovations. It never ceases to amaze me what we humans can come up with, particularly when some good technology is fueling the effort.
Sprint will for the first time sell an iPhone, starting with the next generation of the phone, in mid-October, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.
There are signs that Apple may soon allow China Mobile to distribute the iPhone, a deal that could give Apple a bigger share of China's mobile phone market. But Apple faces a tough choice in order to reach such a deal, say analysts: develop an iPhone...
Microsoft will release a <a href="http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/wpdev/archive/2011/08/22/quick-update-on-mango-app-submissions.aspx">detailed overview of the Mango app submission process</a> later on Tuesday, the company said in a blog p...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- TPSenior System Engineer - WintelVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA