Taiwanese smartphone vendor HTC plans on tripling its retail outlets in mainland China by the end of the year, bringing store numbers from 650 to 2,000.
Google is paying a premium for Motorola Mobility, the recently spun-off device maker from Motorola proper. But for the $12.5 billion it's paying, Google likely is more interested in Motorola's patents than its phones.
Google's $12.5 billion purchase of Motorola Mobility will land it a vast portfolio of patents, but the legal obstacles facing its Android operating system are far from over, legal experts said.
Google continues to argue that a damning e-mail in its battle with Oracle shouldn't be shown to jurors because it was confidential and intended to be privileged communication with an attorney.
Analysts disagreed today over the impact Google's proposed $12.5 billion acquisition of Motorola Mobility will have on the dynamics between Android and Apple's iOS.
Last week BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) held a first-of-its-kind BlackBerry developer event, called the "BBM Hackathon," in which a group of talented mobile software developers packed into New York City's swanky Ace Hotel for a few days, ...
School is just about to start, and if you have a kid heading for college you're probably grimacing at the thought of all those bills. You're on your own when it comes to soaring tuition and housing costs, but there are ways to spend less on your stud...
Google's planned acquisition of Motorola Mobility will force the search giant into a whole new set of relationships with mobile operators, which could benefit the carriers but also create tension.
Google is apparently sick of being pushed around by patent attorneys from Microsoft and Apple.
Google has agreed to acquire Motorola Mobility to "supercharge the Android ecosystem" and protect Android against aggressive patent litigation from competitors such as Apple and Microsoft, according to company CEO Larry Page.
With most acquisitions, there are winners and losers. Google's buy of Motorola is no different, but in this case, neither of those companies comes out a winner, analysts say. "
Nokia plans on launching Windows Phone 7 handsets through China's largest mobile phone carrier as the handset maker tries to fend off competition from Android devices and Apple's iPhone.
Taiwanese chipset vendor MediaTek has developed a handset for use on China's upcoming fourth-generation (4G) mobile technology known as LTE TDD, according to a company spokeswoman.
Between my Android tablet and my Android phone, I've been creating a lot more content on the go than I may ever have expected to. Between pictures and notes captured on my Thunderbolt, and the occasional article hammered out on my Iconia, There's pre...
As you're reading this article, developers, engineers, and product designers are working on the next great mobile technology. The mobile world is rapidly changing: Smartphones have gone from portable messaging and email devices to streaming-video mac...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New GDDR6 memory could hit GPUs in 2018
- Google is using AI to compress images better than JPEG
- Hackers tap vBulletin vulnerability to break into 27 million more accounts
- Telegram's encryption stymies French police but pleases their bosses
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT