Changing the voice used for navigation on an Android phone from robotic to something more natural is easy, but buried in the menus.
Jailbreaking--the process that enables you to install unauthorized-by-Apple third-party apps and additional features on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad--has been in a largely dormant state since the release of iOS 6. But it's back again.
Last September, a new thread in Apple Support Communities briefly noted that a user was unable to get his iPhone 5 to pair with other Bluetooth devices. As it turned out, he was not alone. Cut to the present: this thread is now 29 pages long, with se...
The iOS 6.1 update fixes some bugs, but also introduces brand new ones, like potentially crippling your iPhone’s built-in speaker.
Using your smartphone or tablet to control your Tivo box is easy and offers a lot of flexibility in recording shows and channel surfing.
In my lifetime, music has been delivered on vinyl, cassettes, eight-track tapes, CDs, and audio DVDs. How do I listen to it now? Usually with a PC or a smartphone, and occasionally with an MP3 or other media player. I downloaded much of that music or...
You soon-to-be Verizon iPhone 4 customers can learn from the experiences of others. Take it from iPhone old-timers, you're about to enter a magical world of awesome apps running on the most simplistic, addictive device on the planet.
When users had unlimited data there was no reason to be concerned with how or where that data was being consumed. Since AT&T dropped unlimited data in favor of tiered data caps, though, users have struggled to understand data usage, and now AT&T is f...
Once upon a time, a phone was just a phone: It simply made and received calls. The only security you worried about was if someone had picked up in the other room to listen in.
WARNING: Overclocking is not for the faint of heart. Do not attempt to hack your phone unless you understand and accept the risks of turning it into a useless "brick."
Many reasons exist for why you might want or need to "security wipe" a BlackBerry, or completely erase all personal data stored on your handheld: You got a new smartphone and plan to retire the older device; you're trading in your existing BlackBerry...
Google's Android operating system is riding a wave of popularity that has rapidly eclipsed Apple's iOS, and by the end of 2010 it's expected to overtake RIM's BlackBerry as the world's leading smartphone platform. However, despite the relative openne...
There's no way around it: Home theater gear is expensive; and while "The Ultimate Home Theater" sounds great, most people don't have enough spare cash to splurge on it; especially gamers (have you seen the price of games these days?) That's why we've...
Now that YouTube officially supports 15-minute videos, Andy Warhol's dictum that we'd all be famous for 15 minutes has proven more than a little prescient. Viral video is nothing to scoff at. There's more than just page-view bragging rights at stake-...
QUESTION I've bought a number of apps for my Apple iPhone via iTunes and the App Store. To avoid draining the battery by downloading apps directly to the handset, I'd like to connect my iPhone to my Windows XP PC using USB and transfer them over. How...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
- Apple patches iOS security flaws found in spyware targeting activist
- Informatica CEO: 'Data security is an unsolved problem'
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW