A consumer privacy proposal from U.S. President Barack Obama's administration gives people too little control over their personal data and companies too much latitude to use that information, a coalition of 14 privacy and digital rights groups said.
Consumer Federation of America
The ability of television viewers to control and watch programs may be at stake when the U.S. Supreme Court hears arguments Tuesday in a copyright infringement case brought by TV networks against Aereo, a service that streams over-the-air television ...
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should cap the participation of carriers AT&T and Verizon Wireless in upcoming spectrum auctions to ensure mobile competition going forward, representatives of consumer groups and smaller carriers said.
Top U.S. officials will be warned in a letter Monday of an intense U.S. lobbying effort that seeks to weaken European privacy legislation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT