A consumer privacy proposal from U.S. President Barack Obama's administration gives people too little control over their personal data and companies too much latitude to use that information, a coalition of 14 privacy and digital rights groups said.
The ability of television viewers to control and watch programs may be at stake when the U.S. Supreme Court hears arguments Tuesday in a copyright infringement case brought by TV networks against Aereo, a service that streams over-the-air television ...
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should cap the participation of carriers AT&T and Verizon Wireless in upcoming spectrum auctions to ensure mobile competition going forward, representatives of consumer groups and smaller carriers said.
Top U.S. officials will be warned in a letter Monday of an intense U.S. lobbying effort that seeks to weaken European privacy legislation.
U.S. privacy codes of conduct drafted by businesses, consumers and privacy advocates working together will work better than government regulation or legislation, a top official with the U.S. Department of Commerce said Thursday.
A coalition of privacy and consumer groups is pushing for the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to add conditions, including requiring that Google get opt-in permission from users before collecting their data, to its proposed settlement over privacy prob...
A potential deal between Google and Verizon Communications on network neutrality may not carry much weight with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, which has been trying to broker its own deal in recent weeks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT