Advanced Micro Devices is not immediately chasing the market for smartphones as it does not align with the company's strength in technologies like graphics, according to an an executive
An explosion in mobile malware in the first half of 2011 has exponentially increased the chance of an Android device getting infected according to one study. Unfortunately for Android users, another study shows that they are the least aware of securi...
One of Google's self-driving cars got into an accident earlier this week. But Google is claiming the auto-pilot-equipped Prius was actually flipped into manual mode when the accident happened, making this a case of user error.
A 10-year-old California girl's presentation at a hacker conference in Las Vegas is getting a lot of attention.
OmniVision is making camera phones even smaller -- again. This time the mobile camera sensor maker is promising an quarter-inch, 8-megapixel OV8850 CMOS sensor that the company says is "20 percent" slimmer than any competing 8-megapixel module.
Oracle has asked an Illinois court to force Motorola to hand over information relevant to Oracle's lawsuit against Google.
Prices of consumer tablets are now falling as device makers try to pull buyers away from Apple's iPad, which is priced starting at US$499. Some tablets under $300 may sacrifice features, but are good for basic activities like web browsing, video play...
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation on Friday <a href="http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/august/child_080511/child_080511">introduced its first mobile app</a>: an iPhone application aimed at helping parents whose children go missing.
HTC aims to boost its mobile backup and sync services with the acquisition of Seattle company Dashwire.
In an escalation of Android patent battles, Microsoft said it urged Google's legal team to join Microsoft in buying up hundreds of Nortel patents, but Google refused.
The best way to protect business information on smartphones from cybercriminals is to leave that information off smartphones, according to a mobile security expert.
A potentially damning e-mail from a Google engineer will be permitted at trial in Oracle's lawsuit against the search giant, a judge ordered on Thursday.
Skype has released version 2.1 of its application for Android, which allows more smartphones and tablets based on Google's operating system to use its video calling feature, it said in a blog post on Thursday.
Sony's new portable PlayStation Vita game system will go on sale in Japan by the end of this year, then launch in the U.S. and Europe in early 2012, a company executive said Thursday.
BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) this morning took the wraps off of three brand new BlackBerry smartphones, which, along with the upcoming Bold 9900/9930 devices, make up the bulk of the Canadian company's upcoming 2011 smartphone portfolio.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia