Google has quietly stopped offering QR codes for businesses with Places pages.
Hewlett-Packard is giving developers early access to the webOS 3.0 SDK (Software Development Kit), hoping that they will start working on applications for the company's upcoming TouchPad tablet, the company said in a blog post on Wednesday.
Secure phones: Smartphones are notoriously vulnerable to data-security and privacy breaches. Lookout Mobile Security locks down your Android, BlackBerry, or Windows Mobile phone to keep malware and other threats from invading.
Android smartphone users finally have a chance to run a mobile version of the Firefox browser. It's the first time the smartphone version has been released on a widely used mobile OS.
Microsoft is jumping on the one-swipe mobile payment bandwagon by introducing Near Field Communications (NFC) technology to Windows Phone 7, according to online rumors. NFC would allow Phone 7 users to pay for items such as subway tickets, groceries ...
AT&T today said it plans to turn on faster upload speeds for the Motorola Atrix 4G and HTC Inspire 4G sometime in April after incurring customer wrath for not offering the faster speeds when the devices launched in February.
Two U.S. agencies closely involved with GPS are calling on the FCC to force a more complete study of potential interference with the navigation system from the planned LightSquared mobile broadband network.
With tablets invading the enterprise, IT departments are facing new challenges around controlling mobile connectivity expenses.
Google has added the ability for developers to sell digital content from inside applications on Android Market, the company said in a blog post on Tuesday.
Officials in Taiwan said on Wednesday they would work with the island's hardware-intensive IT sector over the next three years to design new ways for users to interact with PCs, e-readers and digital television.
A company charged with fraud by Verizon and the Texas attorney general is fighting back, asking an Arizona court on Monday not to impose an injunction that would shut down its business.
In the virtual game of mobile moneymaking, Amazon has just made a brilliant move.
The early days of Windows Phone 7 have been all about positive reviews, not much market share, and a botched update that caused some phones to stop working.
A week after it launched Firefox 4 for the desktop, Mozilla today shipped the final version of Firefox 4 for Android.
Amazon's new Cloud Drive online storage service allows customers to store music in the cloud and, in the U.S., stream it to an Android app or through a Web browser.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC