Legislation that would require businesses across the U.S. to notify affected customers after a data breach is headed toward a vote on the floor of the House of Representatives even though some digital rights groups say the bill will actually weaken p...
The proposed US$45.2 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable by Comcast would give the company huge market power to determine broadband prices and Internet content, a group of U.S. senators said Wednesday.
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill that would allow mobile phone users to unlock their devices and switch carriers, overriding a 2013 decision by the Library of Congress to make the practice illegal.
A proposed code of conduct for mobile app developers intended to make them explain how user data is collected and used does not have a clear enforcement mechanism, one privacy advocate said.
Major U.S. mobile carriers will begin offering free usage alerts to customers in an effort to help them avoid surprise charges on their bills, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and a mobile trade group announced Monday.
Several consumer and digital rights groups applauded the U.S. Department of Justice's opposition to AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA, with critics of the deal saying it would have hurt consumers.
Wired broadband providers in the U.S. deliver speeds that are close to, and sometimes exceed, the service they promise customers, according to a report released Tuesday by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
Instead of rejecting AT&T's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA, U.S. regulators should approve the deal with conditions that require AT&T to build out its mobile broadband network to more rural areas, said one telecom consultant and liberal...
New legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives would require mobile carriers to detail their "guaranteed minimum" data speeds and their network reliability statistics to potential customers.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should deny AT&T's plan to buy US$1.9 billion worth of wireless spectrum from Qualcomm because of the telecom carrier's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA, several consumer groups said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the U.S. government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW