Microsoft has completed a series of moves aimed at making its Dynamics AX ERP software a more viable option for large enterprises, and plans to showcase them this week during the Convergence conference in Atlanta.
Microsoft has announced some key details of how it will introduce Dynamics ERP (enterprise resource planning) software products to the cloud computing model, from initial release dates to the precise role of partners.
Microsoft hoped recent updates to its Dynamics AX 2012 ERP (enterprise-resource-planning) software would help it grab enterprise-level deals that would ordinarily be won by the likes of Oracle and SAP, and to some degree the strategy appears to be cl...
Microsoft's AX ERP (enterprise resource planning) application will be receiving a set of mobile applications that mix connectivity to back-end systems and processes with a social milieu.
Microsoft is hoping to shove aside rivals such as Salesforce.com and Oracle in the CRM (customer relationship management) software market by linking its own Dynamics CRM application with new capabilities for marketing automation and social media anal...
Whitepapers about convergence
In July 2013, VCE commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct a Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) study and examine the potential return on investment (ROI) enterprises may realize by re-platforming SAP on VCE™ through factory-integrated systems called VblockTM Systems. The purpose of this study is to provide readers with a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact on their organization of implementing a VCE converged infrastructure solution for SAP.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Overclockers have pushed Intel's new Broadwell chip to 5.7GHz
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- Apple is said to be extending iPhone refreshes to once every three years
- NBN: Question marks over copper costs persist
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW