A premium convertible with plenty of style, but not without its quirks
This tough Ultrabook has hinges that allow its screen to flip all the way over so that it can be used as a tablet
Dell's XPS 12 convertible can be used either as a laptop or as a tablet thanks to a clever hinge design
convertibles in pictures
HP's Spectre x360 is a flagship consumer product that shows off plenty of style and a rigid build quality. A couple of strong hinges allow the laptop to be used in the display, tent, and tablet modes that we've all grown to love. (Well, some of us, maybe.)
HP's Spectre x360 is a flagship consumer product that shows off plenty of style and a rigid build quality. A couple of strong hinges allow the laptop to be used in the display, tent, and tablet modes that we've all grown to love. (Well, some of us, m...
The handwriting experience on Lenovo’s Windows-based tablets has gotten a boost for the better, with the company releasing an application called WRITEit, which can allow a user to perform handwriting input in almost any scenario.
Acer’s Aspire R14 Playbook is latest convertible notebook to emerge on the Australian market, offering a four-in-one experience encompassing laptop, tablet, tent, and display modes.
A few things have changed since the last time we completed a feature article on what to look for when buying a laptop, but the main thing we want to highlight for this particular article is processing technology. Intel has come along and redefined th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Reporting Project OfficerACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Advisor, Web and Social Media Channels- SEO & AnalyticsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- CCRelease ManagerNSW