Four music labels have joined forces and launched legal action aimed at forcing Australia’s largest Internet service providers (ISPs) to block access to a major piracy-linked BitTorrent site.
Australia’s copyright regime is negatively impacting the country’s ability to innovate and holding back the digital economy, according to Google.
Google Books, the project to digitize the world's printed works, is fair use under US copyright law, a federal appeals court ruled Friday.
Oracle has expanded the scope of its ongoing copyright battle against Android and accused Google of "destroying" the market for Java.
Amid complaints that the e-commerce company does little to fight fake goods, China's Alibaba Group is giving foreign vendors a direct line to report any counterfeit products spotted on its retail sites.
After almost a decade of litigation, Google scored a victory last week over the Authors Guild, which had sued the company for copyright infringement over its Google Books search engine. But a few important chapters in the legal saga have yet to be wr...
We are standing in a parking lot in the city of Malmö, southern Sweden, one of the many places Peter Sunde now calls home. The sky above us is grey, as usual at this time of year. Just as the parking meter spits out our ticket, a young man driving mu...
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
Australian ISP iiNet and millions of Australian Internet users will be holding their breath tomorrow as the Federal Court delivers a verdict on the iiNet vs Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) copyright case.
The latest release of the VLC media player is a huge hit, racking up nearly 8.6 million downloads since the 1.0 release last week, according to the makers of the software VideoLAN. But some observers - including movie studio lawyers - may feel the ne...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon.com shows European Commission one way to eliminate geoblocking in e-commerce
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia