This 15.6in notebook comes with a beautiful screen and a high-end configuration, perfect for power users
Core i7 in pictures
Intel yesterday had a fancy launch for its Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs. With over a dozen vendors on hand to showcase their latest laptops, PCs and more, the event was the largest we've seen in some time and there was a suitably large crowd on hand to take it all in.
Intel celebrated the launch of the Core i7 at a party in Sydney's Cruise bar. Intel boasted about releasing the fastest CPU on the planet, and provided some real-time demonstrations of video encoding and physics processing, with the Core i7 leaving the Core 2 Duo in its wake.
Intel on Friday released new Core i5 and Core i7 desktop processors that can be overclocked, giving users the flexibility to ramp up the clock speed to boost application performance.
Intel unveiled its newest flagship processor for the desktop market, the Core i7 980x Extreme. The CPU pushes the envelope by including six physical cores, and hyperthreading technology to virtualize twelve cores--its almost like having twelve comput...
Intel acknowledged Monday that at least one counterfeit version of its Core i7-920 processor made its may into the U.S. market, and said it's trying to determine how many more are out there.
A European online retailer has started selling Intel's first six-core processor for desktops before the chip's official release by the hardware giant.
Intel on Thursday announced a new vPro platform for its Core processors to make remote maintenance and management of PCs easier in an enterprise.
For many of us computer users, a PC's CPU – or central processing unit – is an unseen device that we know little about. We’re bamboozled by numbers and frequencies ('gigahertz' or GHz) that do little to assist in our understanding of why one computer...
This story is just too wild to ignore: It seems Newegg has quite a bit of old egg on its face this week after it shipped customers "counterfeit" Intel CPUs that were more like movie props than actual working electronics.
Reports have been circulating that online retailer Newegg sold as many as 300 counterfeit Intel Core i7 processors. The inferior packaging, blatant spelling errors, and blank product manual were major red flags for observant customers in this case, b...
Intel yesterday had a fancy launch for its Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs. With over a dozen vendors on hand to showcase their latest laptops, PCs and more, the event was the largest we've seen in some time and there was a suitably large crowd on ...
This morning, Intel has just unveiled its newest mobile processor. Surprise! Okay, not really. We've heard about this chip for what feels like ages. Well, today we're gonna tell you how a Core i7 laptop performs in initial tests.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCITSM Process AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- TPJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Commercial LinesVIC
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- FTMid Level Web DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior IT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCGraduate Web DeveloperWA