Intel on Friday released new Core i5 and Core i7 desktop processors that can be overclocked, giving users the flexibility to ramp up the clock speed to boost application performance.
Intel unveiled its newest flagship processor for the desktop market, the Core i7 980x Extreme. The CPU pushes the envelope by including six physical cores, and hyperthreading technology to virtualize twelve cores--its almost like having twelve comput...
Intel acknowledged Monday that at least one counterfeit version of its Core i7-920 processor made its may into the U.S. market, and said it's trying to determine how many more are out there.
A European online retailer has started selling Intel's first six-core processor for desktops before the chip's official release by the hardware giant.
Intel on Thursday announced a new vPro platform for its Core processors to make remote maintenance and management of PCs easier in an enterprise.
Intel on Wednesday released its fastest laptop processor to date, also setting the stage to release its next generation of chips for mainstream laptops.
Even as it is pushing mobile computing, Intel expects desktop computers to continue to be in demand in the long term, an Intel executive said on Thursday.
Intel's upcoming Lynnfield processor will be in the spotlight at the Computex exhibition in Taipei next week, as hardware makers and computer vendors gear up for the release of the chip later this year.
New Core i7 processors from Intel have surfaced on retail sites, giving early details of the new Nehalem-based processors ahead of the company's official launch of the chips.
Retailers are now taking orders for what could easily be the world's fastest laptops, powered by Intel's speedy Core i7 desktop processors.
Intel plans to stop selling one of its high-end desktop chips this year, less than one year after it was released, the company confirmed Thursday.
In an unlikely union of technologies, PC retailer Eurocom has said it will ship laptops powered by Intel's Core i7 processor, which the chip maker has dubbed the "fastest processor on this planet."
Intel celebrated the launch of the Core i7 at a party in Sydney's Cruise bar. Intel boasted about releasing the fastest CPU on the planet, and provided some real-time demonstrations of video encoding and physics processing, with the Core i7 leaving t...
PC makers on Monday launched desktops that incorporate the latest technologies to work alongside Intel's new Core i7 chips, which have received praise for their speedy performance.
Intel began sales of its high-end Core i7 desktop chips in Tokyo late Saturday night, bringing to market a series of processors that are significantly more powerful than any of the company's current desktop products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Web) 161011/AP/145Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW