In-car wireless adds up to hacking, privacy problems ... ARM buys IoT security firm ... Alibaba fund phone maker ... and more news.
The ubiquitous USB 3.0 connector is advancing to light-speed and longer-distance data transfers thanks to optical cables from Corning that started shipping on Tuesday.
Fujitsu Laboratories and Furukawa Electric have developed an optical connector that could reduce connectivity costs for servers.
Samsung Electronics has signed a 10-year supply agreement with Corning, the maker of Gorilla Glass, to ensure access to all of Corning's existing and future technologies.
Bringing wireless indoors, which was once just a matter of antennas carrying a few cellular bands so people could get phone calls, has grown far more complex and demanding in the age of Wi-Fi, multiple radio bands and more powerful antennas.
Speculation about an Apple smart watch has taken off in recent weeks, but a new report suggests that the flexible displays expected to be used for the so-called iWatch won't be ready for three more years.
A watch that doubles as a computer and two-way radio has been a technology vision since at least the 1950s. But if recent reports that Apple's interested in an 'iWatch' are true, would such a device sell?
Corning has developed a new version of its Gorilla Glass for smartphones and tablets that it says will result in 40 per cent fewer scratches and appear in devices later this year.
Production of Apple's iPad 2 may be hit with component shortages caused by the Japanese earthquake and tsunami, an analyst said today.
The Dell Streak tablet, which goes on sale Friday in the United States, is a sturdy device just daring you to drop it. But if you do need to take it apart and fix it, that's not a problem, according to iFixit, which this week tore the device open for...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HPE has won $3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- Will NBN be the biggest loser in Saturday’s Federal Election?
- This mobile Trojan from China fills your phone with porn apps
- Eyefi leaves some card owners stranded, highlighting IoT hazards
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT