HP says its planned $1.5 billion buyout of ArcSight announced Monday is intended to propel HP into the heart of enterprise security -- a move that both surprised and impressed industry watchers.
Myricom, a pioneer in high performance computing that has shifted its focus to more mainstream networking applications in recent years, has named co-founder Nan Boden as its new president and CEO.
According to a recent report from Forrester Research, IT spending in the United States is expected to ramp up in the second half of the year with an estimated 19 per cent increase in computer equipment spending, 11 per cent growth in software spendin...
Oracle's stock price has climbed about 5.5 per cent so far Tuesday on news that ousted HP CEO Mark Hurd is joining the company.
Cisco is reportedly looking to buy Skype before the Internet phone provider goes public.
The HP/Dell bidding war over storage vendor 3Par is shaping up to be a repeat of last year's high-profile battle between EMC and NetApp.
Looks like Intel is on what has the makings of a good old-fashioned shopping spree.
Shareholder lawsuits may be looming over the proposed Intel acquisition of McAfee, with at least two law firms signaling they are looking into whether McAfee's board of directors acted in the best interests of shareholders in approving the deal.
Skype is worried about whether the iPhone and other Apple products will undermine its VoIP services and is also insecure about whether it can achieve service levels good enough to lure business customers, according to the company's filing with the U....
Mark Hurd's <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/080610-hps-mark-hurd-resigns-amid.html">surprise resignation</a> as HP's CEO Friday following disclosure of a sexual harassment charge against him makes Hurd just the latest in a long line of...
Extreme Networks has named Oscar Rodriguez, a 20-year industry veteran, as its new president and CEO. Rodriguez replaces CFO and acting President and CEO Bob Corey, who will continue as CFO.
Avaya CEO Kevin Kennedy recently sat down at his office in Basking Ridge, N.J., with Network World Senior Editor Tim Greene to discuss the company's progress integrating Nortel enterprise assets into the company, the changing nature of the business c...
Apple announced several measures Friday to keep iPhone 4 users "happy" and to turn the controversy over the smartphone's occasional reception issues into a "non-issue." Again.
GFI Software Tuesday announced it has acquired Sunbelt Software for an undisclosed price. The companies said the goal of the merger is to develop integrated security products for both on-premises use and the cloud.
Trustwave continues to expand its security portfolio with the acquisition of Web application firewall vendor Breach Security.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTRegional Customer Relations Manager - APACQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTExperienced .NET DevelopersQLD
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystSA
- FTField EngineerVIC
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW