The cost of the $329 iPad Mini will determine its future - and maybe Apple's, too. In the near term, the iPad Mini could have a big holiday season, but it will run the risk of cannibalizing regular iPad sales, according to one veteran tech analyst.
Until recently, almost no IT industry vendor or analyst questioned the assumption that nearly all kinds of virtualization deliver quick, significant cost savings compared to computing only in the physical world.
It's a good bet you don't know how much your company is spending on all those bring-your-own-device smartphones and tablets. Even worse, it's probably too much, says a mobility management expert.
Whitepapers about cost
This whitepaper reveals which vendor is demonstrating that it has appreciated the broad, long-term strategic importance of flash storage and is moving rapidly to both maximize and optimize its use across its portfolio. You could be forgiven for thinking flash storage is the saviour of the storage world, but the truth is far more about pragmatism than panacea. This is because flash is a technology, and not a market Solid-state storage has been around in some form or another for over three decades, but only in the last few years has it become widely adopted Looking ahead, the most successful vendors seem certain to be those that offer—in addition to a range of solutions—a hybrid approach
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst --Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW
- TPMid Level Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - ProcurementNSW
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity ConsultantWA
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTEngineering ManagerACT