A mobile chip faster than the one in flagship smartphones like Samsung's Galaxy S7 and LG's G5 will start appearing in handsets this quarter.
When introducing its new monster 72-core Xeon Phi chip, Intel couldn't help but take a swipe at graphics processors being sluggish for some tasks.
Intel's Broadwell-E sets a new standard with its 10 cores' worth of horsepower. It'd better be fast, for the price you'll pay.
Intel continues to pump more horsepower in its chips, by releasing a 24-core processor for high-performance computers.
Google unveils custom TPU chip, which it says advances computing performance by three generations.
If your Mac isn't fast enough to edit 3D video, HP is providing a workaround to make it possible.
Global semiconductor sales look grim this year, per a Gartner report, as chipmakers ride downward with the declining PC, tablet, and phone businesses.
Google and Rackspace are designing a server based on IBM's upcoming Power9 processor, a sure sign that Intel is no longer the only game in town for cloud service providers.
AMD hopes to provide stiffer competition to Intel's Skylake with its new "7th Generation" processor for laptops and desktops.
Algorithms designed by a University of Sydney student may reduce the high electricity consumption of Datacentres and Cloud facilities to not only deliver information faster, but also to better the environment.
Broadwell-E—and its rumored 10-core CPU—pops up on Intel’s support website.
Every time Intel announces new Xeon chips, server makers waste no time in announcing new products.
Quantum computing is now within closer reach thanks to a major breakthrough in which scientists have demonstrated for the first time that a key building block can be assembled.
Intel's upcoming family of Core processors, code-named Haswell, will offer 50 percent more battery life in laptops than did their "Ivy Bridge" predecessors, Intel said on Thursday.
AMD is trying to get noticed again in the notebook space with a new Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) codenamed Richland, which is based on, but improves on the previous APU, codenamed Trinity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- New GDDR6 memory could hit GPUs in 2018
- Google is using AI to compress images better than JPEG
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD