Google unveils custom TPU chip, which it says advances computing performance by three generations.
If your Mac isn't fast enough to edit 3D video, HP is providing a workaround to make it possible.
Global semiconductor sales look grim this year, per a Gartner report, as chipmakers ride downward with the declining PC, tablet, and phone businesses.
Google and Rackspace are designing a server based on IBM's upcoming Power9 processor, a sure sign that Intel is no longer the only game in town for cloud service providers.
AMD hopes to provide stiffer competition to Intel's Skylake with its new "7th Generation" processor for laptops and desktops.
Algorithms designed by a University of Sydney student may reduce the high electricity consumption of Datacentres and Cloud facilities to not only deliver information faster, but also to better the environment.
Broadwell-E—and its rumored 10-core CPU—pops up on Intel’s support website.
Every time Intel announces new Xeon chips, server makers waste no time in announcing new products.
Quantum computing is now within closer reach thanks to a major breakthrough in which scientists have demonstrated for the first time that a key building block can be assembled.
Intel's upcoming family of Core processors, code-named Haswell, will offer 50 percent more battery life in laptops than did their "Ivy Bridge" predecessors, Intel said on Thursday.
AMD is trying to get noticed again in the notebook space with a new Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) codenamed Richland, which is based on, but improves on the previous APU, codenamed Trinity.
Intel rang in 2011 with its second-generation Core processors, promising vastly superior performance, better graphics capabilities, and improved energy efficiency. How much of a difference can a new CPU generation really make? If our tests of the fir...
Intel <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/218247/intel_finds_design_flaw_in_sandy_bridge_chipset.html">discovered a fatal flaw</a> in the "Cougar Point" chipset--interrupting and delaying the launch of the new "Sandy Bridge" processor line. Becau...
Dirk Meyer, CEO and president of AMD, has resigned effectively immediately. AMD's Board of Directors has announced that Senior Vice President and CFO Thomas Seifert will replace him as interim CEO.
AMD has been talking about Fusion for years now. Over time, the term has sort of morphed from referring to specific future products to a general marketing catch-all designed to help people think of the CPU and GPU (graphics processing unit) as the sa...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- FTSOE SpecialistACT